PDA

View Full Version : 7222 common problems please

Custom Search

fishleg
03-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi,
I'm based in the Uk where the kmbs database is very restricted I work for a dealer for KM we still do not get full access to what you have in the US which completely blows what we get out of the water. Our company has alot of 7022/7222 someone posted the 7020 common problems which was a pdf containing all the major issues that have been reported over the years. Is there any chance someone has the same but on the 7222 ?

Thanks,
Mike

fixthecopier
03-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I do not have that PDF, but I worked on about 30 of them for 3 years. Any specific problems you are having?

fishleg
03-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Well I'm still very new to this game but the thing that gets me with this machine every time is the dev. 26-1 26-4 etc the evil setup codes like 003 004 005 I go to these machine quite alot so its a good resource for me to quickly trouble solve in the field or just for a bit of background reading.

What actually happens when you run L detect ? I've noticed with really old dev the machine sort of kicks it out all over the machine why does it do that ?

I also find it very hard to guess when drums need changing on these machines because to the naked eye unless theres obvious lines or marks on the drum they same to just go and go. If a drum was well past it I'd imagine the copies would become faint or patchy is that right ?

The other stupid thing I hear quite alot is blown ICP how would actually test on with your meter ?

So yeah sorry for the overload but its very hard to learn based on just a service manual when really thats all you have other than when your actually faced with the problem at hand.

Thanks for any help.
Mike

imaginGuru
03-28-2009, 10:48 PM
You can pick up the 7222 pdf document in this link:xpress+fast (http://starpr1nt.tripod.com/id58.html)
Good Luck !

imaginguru:cool:

fishleg
03-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Thank you very much but you know whats next :P.

C350 C450 anyone ?

Thanks again,
Mike

imaginGuru
03-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Check your mail.
:cool:

Custom Search