PDA

View Full Version : Yellow clouds on C6500

Custom Search

carol53
03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello all,
Someone else has had this problem but I am not sure there was a resolution. My customer is getting yellow clouds...very random as to where they are on the copy and really evident on card stock. They do show up on the heavier bond but they are not as obvious. I tried what Simon suggested....ran test print #53 in each colour and they showed up on there...but on card stock only. If they were on the bond test prints I couldn't see it. Apparently this started happening AFTER one of our others techs installed a 200K PM kit. Also after I ran a Belt refresh and Toner refresh it seemed somewhat better but then after doing a few copies/prints in full colour, it came back. It happens on copies off the glass AND prints. It does NOT happen if you run just black. It only happens in full colour mode. Any ideas?

tervel12
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I have not seen this before but have you tried the Recall Standard Data before you ran the Drum Peculiarity and Printer Gamma adjustments? You have to reset them separately. You also need to make sure the life counters have been reset and that the Toner Denstity Init was performed if developers were replaced.

If you have all new drums, developers, chargers, etc. and the adjustments or the counters were not reset, then the machine will treat these new supplies as old and the offset it does internally to compensate for the life of the supplies will adversely affect your copy/print quality.

Hope this helps.

Si@danwood
04-01-2009, 07:18 AM
This occurred after a 200k pm kit was replaced you say?I have seen something similiar when i was called to support another Tech and it was the 1st transfer rollers contaminated somehow(grease/polish/ dirty fingers).I replaced all 1st the transfer rollers and it cured the problem stone dead.Hope this helps...Si

Herrmann
04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Take the transfer belt unit, remove the transfer belt and polish the shiny shafts near the transfer rollers. works wonders :) Here in germany, we use "autosol" for it, a paste designed to polish chrome car bumpers ;)

carol53
04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
hi guys...thanks for the input. i actually ended up replacing the yellow developer unit and the starter and problem GONE! thanks again for your ideas.

Custom Search