PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub 3102

Custom Search

TOS-Systems
03-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm looking at buying a Bizhub cf3102 - I know this is an older machine with over 500K in copies. The imaging unit has been replaced less than 1000 copies ago. It seems to jam when feeding from the paper tray. I have a small business and would like to use this for our marketing. I will print 1000 to 2000 copies a month. I know nothing about this printer. Can anyone tell me if this is a good printer to buy?

fixthecopier
03-31-2009, 12:14 AM
It is a great machine. It has 4 image units, a transfer belt and a fuser that can all need to be changed. How long has it been for each. The machine will tell you how long. If the old owner has had service, find out from who and contact them. The supplies go the distance and the print quality is great.

Morlock49
03-31-2009, 01:16 AM
It's a reliable copier, with excellent print quality. You never said which paper tray was jamming.

TOS-Systems
03-31-2009, 01:53 AM
It's a reliable copier, with excellent print quality. You never said which paper tray was jamming.

The Owner didn't say which tray, but he did mention that he hasn't used the printer in his copier shop for at least a year due to the jamming problem. So I can assume that both trays are jamming and that it could be a feed roller going out.

fixthecopier
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
A jam problem on this machine will most likely be simple, based on the short paper path and simple design. If it has that many copies it would be a good idea to have a tech clean it and check your jam problem.

Custom Search