PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 250 paper feed clutch

Custom Search

mrushing
03-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Can anyone tell me the procedures for changing out the cl3 clutch for tray 1, i am either real stupid or overlooking something simple, having a problem getting to the area where it connects.

Blenk
03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
if this is the bizhub250 b/w, im sure its the same as the older di2510 range....
a bit of a pain, if we are talking about the same clutch its the one that you can just about see when tray one is out, towards the top right at the back of the machine, sits behind a small plate with a few gears and a belt on it?

if so , the way i change it, is to take trays 1, 2 out, the bypass section and the tray 2 feed section, this allows access from the front and side, then the plate with the clutch on it, think it is held in by about 5 or 6 screws, comes off about an inch or 2 with the lead from the back of the machine still attached onto the clutch assy, this comes of and you can change the cluch on the assembly..... putting it back in is the tricky part as the lead that comes from the back frame is very short, i have allways managed to reconect it, just a bit of a fiddle, if u cant get it on, you would have to try and get the access to that conector from the back of the machine.

can anyone confirm, that we are talking about the same clutch?

good luck.:)

brent
03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
yes. I have had to do this procedure severaltimes. minolta told us in a bulletin that too much grease was applied to that gear train and the only fix for tray one jamming consistently was to remove. clean the shaft that that clutch sits on. replace clutch and reinstall. I also seen this in the field and was astounded on how much dissasembly had to be done to get to this clutch. and if you do it wrong you have to reassemble to figure out it was wrong. long process. I personally have never tried to do this without first taking the doc feeder up. then the upper cover off. then the back cover off. then you can disconnect that connector that runs that clutch. unless you have tiny hands. I can do this procedure rather effective now. but the first time in the field is a real. well it sucks. check all your feed tires while they are out of the machine as well. since all the feed systems need to be removed to do this procedure

brent

fixthecopier
04-01-2009, 01:24 AM
I have changed many clutches on the di2510 but none on the bizhub series yet. I have found on the DI machines there was three clutches that may need to be changed. If the jam stops on the drum with the image shifted about an inch then it is the clutch in the feed assembly behind tray 1. If the jam involves the paper never coming out of tray 1, then pull the feed assembly from tray 1, and clean the clutches on the side of the rollers with alcohol. If the jam stops at the reg roller from either tray change the reg clutch. Blenk gave you detailed instructions on how to do the hard one. Plan to lay on the floor for this one.

brent
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
as a dealer I know how much these clutches cost. I believe the smaller feed clutches only cost about 14 dollars. the transport clutch is a little more. I would never take one out and clean a clutch. too much work. plus they are a sealed clutch so I dont think youcould clean one. the time you are fixing it and laying on the floor it is better to replace with new clutches.,

brent

minimerlin
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Are you sure that the clutch is at fault? It may be that the feed rollers are not dropping far enough down when the tray is closed. (you can fit a spacer block onto the area of the tray that pushes the white lever) Also I have found that the white one way bearings on the feed assembly can fail early....you can see them slipping as the shaft turns!
Just my thoughts...you did not say why you needed to get the clutches out.

mrushing
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Are you sure that the clutch is at fault? It may be that the feed rollers are not dropping far enough down when the tray is closed. (you can fit a spacer block onto the area of the tray that pushes the white lever) Also I have found that the white one way bearings on the feed assembly can fail early....you can see them slipping as the shaft turns!
Just my thoughts...you did not say why you needed to get the clutches out.

I tried the spacer already, it orginally was picking up the paper, but was stopping half way out of the tray, feed clutch was not engaging, but i didn't know how to remove it from the machine

mo0651
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Bizhud 250 and Di2510 clutches are the same. Plan on good 45 minutes to do by yourself. Check your jam counters. If its says jams in fuser or transport area, the same clutch can fail on the tray 2 feed station that you are pulling out. Make sure you put the drawer updates on it and save yourself a return call.:cool:

Custom Search