PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C6500 - specks of toner missing in yellow

Custom Search

ps1
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
First off I will say that I am not a copy tech but an end user.

We have very good techs that are great at keeping our c6500 running like new. We have one issue that is recurring and remains unsolved. We seems to get specks of gunk (as of yet we don't know what this gunk is) that collects on the yellow drum and thus no color is being picked up on the yellow in these spots. This only happens on the yellow. It is cleaned easily enough with wiping with some alcohol and then it is as good as new but doesn't take very long and it start building up again. I'm trying to convince our service guys (with whom we have a contract with) to let us do the cleaning so they don't have to make the 45 minute drive out to do the 15 minutes of work but they aren't to that point yet. Originally they thought it might be glue residue from label stock and they insisted we stock printing labels, which we did, but problem remains. We are also using almost exclusively digitally certified paper and problem remains. We have tight deadlines and sometimes inconvenient to have to wait a day or two for a cleaning to run certain jobs where this problem is noticeable.Any ideas as to what is causing this?

StormyKnight
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
PS1, you have put us in a difficult position to try & help as I'm at pains to make suggestions that you will then repeat to you service technicians, however, I can also understand your deadlines & frustration with ongoing issues.

The other issue is that any suggestion I make may be totally off track & really that is why we usually try & make the suggestions to the technicians so that they can verify in detail what they have already tried.

I also appreciate you honesty as it would be very easy to claim that you are a techinician & get plenty of suggestions posted anyway.

OK in having said all of that, the only thing I can think of is related to a known issue with the original black drums on this model. Now all the drums for all the colours have the same part number, but it was found that the black drum sometimes would get black toner sticking to the surface after a short time of use. The solution is to use the revised drum type B, as a replacement for the black drum. Now in your case, you may be experiencing the same issue, but with yellow. The new type drum can be used as a replacement for any colour.

Please be diplomatic with this information & I hope a solution can be found for your issues.

ps1
04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I be as polite as possible as our tech guys are great. It's something simple to try and ask about.

Si@danwood
04-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I agree with stormyknight it can be difficult when dealing with us techies,however i actively encourage my end users to access this site(only as voyeurs i might add) mainly so if i tell them something they can go look it up for themselves so they know i not "feeding them bull".As most search engines bring this site up then i dont feel there is an issue...just food for thought...Si

Custom Search