PDA

View Full Version : Di-551 & FN-6 Q?

Custom Search

Linda
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
H.E. L. P. ;-( I have a Minolta Di551 that has a FN6 (finisher) on it that seems to have forgotten the FN6 is attached to it after years of it being attached. The Di551 when looking at or for the sort/finishing options are not on the operation panel like they use to be. Or they are I should say but grey and can't press the option to get to the finishing options.. Like the 551 does not know the FN6 is attached not like the operation panel is broken to be clear. I went to service mode 25 and had to turn on 22-1 and 2 that I think tells the 551 it has a finisher with no luck. I'm thinking it may be a blown fuse of some sort but can't find it. The FN6 is getting power cause one of the motors near the stapler does jog a little when the 551 is powered up. I haven't checked on exact power threw the FN6 cause I don't know the points to check. Also the 551 doesn't know the FN6 is attached cause it does not know when or if I open any of it or put a jam it or move one of the FN6 motors out of home to see if they will jog home. When paper leaves the 551 it of course jams at entry of FN6 cause not only does the 551 know it's attached the FN6 doesn't know paper is coming........HELP....Pleaze.

Luther
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM
The machine deactivated the finisher because it has a problem, so it grayed it out go to dip-sw settings its either under sw 18 or 19, its in the manual, someone might have the correct sw setting, turn it back on and if it grays out again the finisher has a problem, good luck

Linda
04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Thank you Luther...;-P If anyone can post the exact dip settings please do.

Linda
04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I went to dip switch 18-5 was set to 0, set it to 1, rebooted macine, didn't fix it. Went back to dip switch 81-5, was still set at 1, set it to 0, rebooted, didn't fix it. Unplugged to 3 hole punch did the same as above, didn't fix it. While 3 hole punch was disconnected, disconnected the staplers did the same as above. Didn't fix it. H.E.L.P.!!!!:(

minimerlin
04-06-2009, 09:05 PM
If the fn6 is "set aside" by the machine there must be an error code that is recorded. Check the service mode for this code which will then tell you the part to check out.

Overdrv
04-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Check for firmware version, If the firmware version is not indicated in 25 mode, the finisher is not active.

A power problem may be the cause of the problem or a problem with the logic board. 18-5 is the correct dip-sw it should be 0. Check for 77XX codes in the counters.

The staplers should home, you should get 3 seconds or so of buzzing, Jig the door open so you can see them, if they stop before home there is a power problem. so I would go after the Finisher board, then the board that supplies power to the finisher.
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

mtech
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
There are no softswitch settings to inform the machine main body that it has a finisher, it is plug and play. Switch settings 22-1 and 22-2 only set the number of punch holes for the punch unit. For 3 hole inch series 22-1 should be 1 and 22-2 should be 0. Switch 18-5 disables fold, staple,3 hole, should be set at 0 to enable. 19-4 is pz disable and 19-5 is pk disable, they should both be at 0. Check the finisher connector to the machine. I have seen some of these with the finisher not attached to the machine and the customer pulls the finisher away damaging the cable. As was said before, you need to check the error codes to determine the problem area.

Linda
04-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Thank you guys for helping. The mach shows no codes but haven't made note of last ones in log. I have checked 36 mode and it does not show firmware or serial # for FN6 like it's not connected. Also checked the connections from the mach to FN6 and on all connections in the FN6. Every once and while no rime or way to duplicate every time one of the staplers will jog just a little when powered up. Checked movement of them and every thing that moves.

Custom Search