PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 180 Network Trouble

Custom Search

jmandassociates
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Trying to setup a BizHub 180 for scan to email. I have tried setting it up with DHCP and tried manually putting in the IP and everything. But when I go to scan something it scans and then when it tries to send it it says DNS cannot connect. It is just on a simple network with a cable modem and a linksys router. I can log into the machine with page scope but can't send anything.

Sean486
04-02-2009, 03:52 AM
Put the address of the email server into the SMTP field, put the senders email address into the email address field. You will need to determine whether the email account uses SMTP Authentication or not. If the answer is yes you will also need to put in the user name and password for the account. I would also suggest putting the SMTP server in with the IP Address rather than the host name, especially if you are getting a DNS error. You can figure out the IP of the mailserver by Pinging the Host name of the SMTP server in DOS. If it replys, it will reply with the IP Address.

In general if the set up information programmed into the copier is correct you should not have an issue. Most of the problems that I encounter are related to customers not knowing there own settings, providing wrong passwords and in general giving me blank looks when I ask them for basic information.

jmandassociates
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Our email server requires SMTP authentication but in the setup I only see a place for username and password under POP3. I don't see anywhere to enable it for SMTP. Also should I enable DNS server or not. And if so what address would go there. The address of our linksys or something else.

Sean486
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I just checked, sorry the Bzhub 180 does not support SMTP Authentication. You may be out of luck.

From the knowledge base:

Last Used in the Contact Center: Never
Times Used in the Contact Center: 0
Views: 10
Related to Escalated Issue: No Created: 10/29/2007
Modified: 10/29/2007
Priority: None Specified Products Products:
bizhub 180 Options:
None Specified Details Subject:
Does the machine support SMTP authentication?
Solution:
The machine does not support SMTP authentication.

Custom Search