PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-450, haven't seen this yet, Laser?

Custom Search

Hansoon
04-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Minolta Di-450, haven't seen this yet, Laser?

First time I see this. Am I right that the Laser diode or the control logic of the printhead it is starting to fail or could it be noise only? It happens every 100 or so copies. Copies are from the platen not EDH ofcourse.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5699/laseragain.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=laseragain.jpg)

Hans

fixthecopier
04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
What about your charge? Looks like maybe the charge could be arching off.

Hansoon
04-05-2009, 11:44 AM
What about your charge? Looks like maybe the charge could be arching off.

Could be but not likely, grid is only 60K old. Furthermore do the lines have very sharp edges (not so much visible in the picture), it has for my feeling such a "Laser-ish" appearance.

Hans

fixthecopier
04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I have never had a laser do that. I had a problem on an HP printer a long time ago and it was the formatter. You are most likely correct. I am just guessing but I would still think it is power related, like maybe the high voltage transformer.

cobiray
04-06-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't remember if this was one of the problems at the time, but there was a bulletin about taking the wing nuts out of the bottom of the laser unit over top of the dev unit. I know it caused laser codes, but don't recall if it was for anything else.

petrus
04-06-2009, 01:35 AM
also maybe the drum aging can cause this problem.

brent
04-06-2009, 03:23 AM
I also have never seen one that bad. at first glance I would say swap the drum out. because no matter what minolta says the yield is supposedto be. it may not make it. I have had the di450 drums only have 50 k and start developing lines just like that. but they were more twards the top or bottom of each copy. but again they were intermittent. and I have had drums make it 150k. so call me crazy but I wouldn't jump to anything other than the drum just yet... what is the actual drum count?

brent

petrus
04-06-2009, 03:40 AM
because we are in recond machine industry for this brand.we are using non oem parts. usually the drum life only can use up to 100k.even sm said it can runs to 300k.actually i have experiance a few times it even last to 400++k but the average is 100konly.

for mean time you can try increase the vsg set in adjust mode.if it disappear or reduced and confirm the drum need to change.

time2fly
04-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Try cleaning all of the optics including the laser slit glass, and adjust VG a little.

Minolta Boss
04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes you should change the image reader (printhead) I had one of those about a year ago. I've tried everything but still no go, still showed me the same you have after a couple of prints. It's not to hard to fit.

Hansoon
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys, Minoltaboss you meant ofcourse the Laserunit and not the Image reader isn't it?

Anyway went there and found the grid extremely dirty cause they are doing some decoration work in that office, lots of dust and paint fumes. BTW the drum is only 60K old as the Grid. Cleaned the grid and will see what happens in the coming days.

Hansoon

@ Minoltaboss: any relation with the former KN company?

Minolta Boss
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys, Minoltaboss you meant ofcourse the Laserunit and not the Image reader isn't it?

Anyway went there and found the grid extremely dirty cause they are doing some decoration work in that office, lots of dust and paint fumes. BTW the drum is only 60K old as the Grid. Cleaned the grid and will see what happens in the coming days.

Hansoon

@ Minoltaboss: any relation with the former KN company?

Yip your right!! THE LASERUNIT!!! Sorry it was late about 23:45 pm here. Ive seen this site while I was busy looking for a answer for KMIT. I can give you the part no. if you like. For future ref.

MB

labish
04-18-2009, 05:23 AM
I agree with the Boss on this machine the PH the laser unit is another pain beside the one to replace the board under the LSU PWB B if I remember right. Before you jump on the conclusion the line maybe a poor connection for the ribbons from the PH check them clean it with alcohol and reinstall them. The connector is just behind the CCD. Works for a while. When you replace the PH follow the instruction record the x and y from the unit and cross your fingers. I hate this machine.

Custom Search