PDA

View Full Version : C500 SC45-20 and SC29-22 codes

Custom Search

time2fly
04-06-2009, 06:22 AM
I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for a week. I have replaced Image Control Unit, the Drum Potential Sensor including the board also the Drum itself and still get these codes SC45-20 and SC29-22. The only thing I haven't replaced is the Print Control Board. I would have done that but didn't know what # was the serial #. Please tell me something else that I could look at or if the next step is to replace the PRCB and where the serial # would be located

imaginGuru
04-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Check this:

Description

SC29-22.

Solution

To identify and resolve the error, perform the following:
Samples to gather for evaluation :
1. Adjustment data list print - Grid Voltages should vary by line speed and color.
2. Halftone samples of each color run at max density (255) - The density should be uniform with no spotting and should feel smooth to the touch.
3. If connected, a calibration page for the DTP32 densitometer - The gradient ramps should have a good solid fill in the max density blocks and have highlight
fill towards last five or six blocks.
There several conditions that needs to be verified :
1. A failed Printer Control Board - Symptom, Gamma Sensor errors with poor fill and low numbers in both the Grid and Bias Voltages.
2. A failed Overall or Main Control Board - Symptom, 29-22 errors at approximately every 508 prints or copies.
3. A new installation or recent PM - Symptom, faded density in Black or all Colors.
In each condition :
1. Recall standard data for Process Adjustments and Image Quality Adjustments. (For testing purposes do not run any adjustments)
2. Print the adjustment list to verify that all values have been restored to default.
3. Run the halftone samples and calibration page - verify that all density issues are restored to normal.
4. If any image quality issue is present, individual consumables will need to be verified on an individual basis.
Steps to follow after part(s) replacement : (Refer to the Service Manual for specific details)
1. It is recommended to flash all Control Boards if either the Printer Control Board or the Main Control Board has been replaced. (While installed in thezhub PRO C500 Warm-up, wrong display, incorrect operation, lock-up

machine exhibiting the 29-22 code.)
2. Perform the Automatic Drum Potential Adjustment and the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment.
Note : selecting "Reset Adjustment Data" may be necessary if errors result while performing the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment while in the 36 mode.
3. While in the Key Operator Mode; scroll thru the menu to number 21, select all adjustments and exit the mode to allow the adjustments to be performed.
4. Perform all steps one through six of Printer Gamma Offset and Gamma Sensor Adjustments from the 36 mode.
5. If an internal controller is installed, perform the necessary shutdown procedures.
6. After completing these steps, turn off the sub and main power switches and restart the machine.
7. Repeat the Automatic Drum Potential Adjustment and the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment.
8. Repeat the any previous controller shutdown procedures, and turn off the sub and main power switches and restart the machine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description

SC29-07 and SC45-20 after doing a PM. No colors are being printed.

Solution

CAUSE: The Transfer Drive Coupling/Front is 180 degrees out of position. This prevents the transfer rollers for the three colors from contacting the belt.
SOLUTION: Remove the Transfer Drive Coupling/Front (p/n 65AA26190) and position the pin to the other side of the shaft and then reinstall the coupling.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imaginguru:cool:

Si@danwood
04-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for a week. I have replaced Image Control Unit, the Drum Potential Sensor including the board also the Drum itself and still get these codes SC45-20 and SC29-22. The only thing I haven't replaced is the Print Control Board. I would have done that but didn't know what # was the serial #. Please tell me something else that I could look at or if the next step is to replace the PRCB and where the serial # would be located

Ok 1st things first.Is the transfer belt clean?If so ,if you switch of all process control element's in soft switch mode can you reproduce test pattern #83 with all colours?The 45-20 code is the reason i ask...Si

time2fly
04-07-2009, 03:06 AM
I think I've fixed the sc29-22 and the 45-20 codes at least it hasn't come back yet thanks for your help. The ? I have is where is the serial # on the print control board?

henry finley
01-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Referencing the post #2 by imaginGuru (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/imaginguru.html) in 2009, the choices under the key operator position only go up to #20. There is no 21.

Custom Search