PDA

View Full Version : BH350 scanning error

Custom Search

mo0651
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Have BH350 that gets error code ed0c96 code when scanning to ftp on server. error code is for smb scan failure. Machine gets powered off and on and will work fine for a couple of days, then it will thro this error in the morning.:eek:

jneezy2008
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
When the scanning fails, is anyone able to print or will the MFP reply to ping requests? If no, then I would start looking at hardware(network cable, routers/switches, NIC, etc).

mo0651
04-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Just got a good look at this error. You cannot ping or bring up webpage so it is definitely not on the network. I turned off all unused network settings(netware,appletalk,ipp.) Also turned off the smb scan feature in bitswitches. Now waiting to see. Machine does go to sleep after 4 hours,I'll prob turn that off next. Can't figure out why it does not do it every day. I've been pulling tx reports and it can go as long as 4 days without problem.:cool:

TheOwl
04-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Does this happen every 4 days or is it sometimes sooner or later?

If the problem is happening every 4 days, then I would start to look at what is happening on the network every four days. Maybe DHCP leasing, or a packet storm or something along those lines is happening every four days which is knocking your copier off the network.

If it varies between faults, then I would look at the machine it self and start off with firmware upgrades and then move on to replacing the NIC if the fault still occurs.

mo0651
04-23-2009, 03:27 PM
The machine has failed again so we turned off energy save. That worked for 5 days. Failed again. Trying to get the customer to install a network switch near the machine to see if that works.:cool:

tech51
04-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Is the Network large enough to use a Domain, if yes then we must enter the Domain server name + address on the machine.
How do we know if they are using a Domain = Right click My Computer, Properties, Domain = name
You can get the address details by running Command Prompt = ipconfig/all, this will then display name, primary server and secondary server.

Easiest then browse the machine under network settings and enter under Domain Name Settings> DNS Default Domain and under DNS Server Setting > Primary DNS Server ie: ***.***.***.*** and Secondary DNS Server ***.***.***.***.
These settings are default as auto but often don't pick up what is required and cause the machine to drop off the network.

buster68
04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Make sure the firmware is up to date...version 80 is the latest I believe. This model has a problem with dropping off the network, esp. if there is a lot of traffic on the network, new version firmware will fix that.

mo0651
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
We are at version 80. We are going to install a network switch. We will test.

copytechman
04-29-2009, 01:49 AM
I have a bh250 that's started to do the same thing, drop off the network after a couple of days, reboot it and it's good for a bit. I'll be interested to hear how your is resolved, ours is at v49 and yet to be upgraded to v80.. Thats gonna happen shortly. Our issue is scan to email but the same basic symptom.

Regards!
A.

DocuSystems
05-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I see these machines (Bizhub 200, 250, 350) doing this type of thing regularly. If the network connectivity goes down even momentarily, the machine needs to be restarted. It's very similar to Windows 95 not being able to rediscover the network. The only solution I'm aware of is to educate the customer's on correct resetting procedures :)
Bizhub C203, 253, 353 don't have this problem.

KonicaNet
05-17-2009, 01:46 AM
That's usefull information. We have had a few of these problems and found it to be AC power related, but the customer's networks did also have problems when the power fluctuated. I will keep this in mind and will also test it at the office :)

We had a large corporation with many copier models experience this every Monday morning, and then sometimes during the week. 2 months later I overheard them say the generators still were not working correctly with Sunday's test. I asked them and they tested them every weekend for the last 2 months. The generators were not kicking in fast enough and the AC was being interupted for too many milliseconds.

Also, the "NIC" Card is not a seperate part on this copier. You would have to replace the whole board $$$$$. We have had MANY IT departments tell us the NIC was bad and to swap it out. They do not know that it is integrated and would cost them several thousand dollars until we tell them. We have also swap the boards out during the 2 months and it did not change anything.

We have found the BH 420 has wake-up problems when the AC is not really perfect.

Like the other person posted, all of the bizhubs would drop off the network with too much traffic, ping of deaths, etc. in older firmware.

mo0651
05-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately my customer does not have this problem high on the priority list. I will have to wait till their IT guy digs up a switch. I will let you all know. thanks for replies.:cool:

Custom Search