PDA

View Full Version : Konica C550 Jam

Custom Search

BrentV
04-10-2009, 06:22 PM
We were having major problems with our C550 jamming right after the fuser. Initially it would jam before it got the the exit 2 rollers.

I checked the stanard things and ended up reduced the fusing pressure/temperature and that helped a lot but now it seems to start jamming again but this time it stops midway throught the exit 2 rollers. Any ideas on anything else to check. Thanks in advance. Brent

ni311
04-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Is it jamming only at multiple copies or even at one copy/print?

BrentV
04-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Prior to reducing the heat/pressure it was on both single copies and multiple. Now that the problem has came back I think most of the jams have been on multiple pages but that is what we usually print/copy. It does not happen every time so I can't test it quickly.

ni311
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
If it jamming only on multiple copies/prints, you might have a problem with the take up or transport mechanism, but usually take up mechanism is to blame. Try changing the trays to see if the issues occurs again.

BrentV
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Well it for sure jams on single copies but usually there are other copies behind it. We had a service guy out here yesterday and he couldn't find anything, all he did was clean some rollers, that's about it. He ran quite a few sheets of paper through but mainly big jobs like 50 copies. I tried telling him that once the machine is going it rarely jams, but it is usually when you have small jobs and is entirely unpredictable. After he left the machine jammed 4 times. I ran through a copy through the adf and kept copying it over and over and it jammed on probably the 10th copy. They are supposed to come back out today with another tech to look at. I mentioned to the tech about the takeup and transport mechanism and acted like that wasn't it. Not sure what else to do other than wait for them! Up until the last couple weeks the machine has worked wonderful. it has 52000 color and 150000 b/w. Thanks for your help. Brent

Si@danwood
04-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Do you have any finishing options installed? what jam code do the techs get when they check in service mode?,,,Si

BrentV
04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
i get an email every time it jams. mainly two error codes. 30-01 / 32-01 every time. They are here right now and thinking it might be a sensor but not sure what they are messing around with right now.

BrentV
04-16-2009, 08:57 PM
they just told me that they cleaned a bearing and something else. They said if it keeps jamming they are replacing the fuse drive motor.

mo0651
04-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Has the machine ever refused to clear the jam after the paper has been removed. The paper dust remover in that section has a paper sensor that can get real dirty. I don't remember what the jam codes were for that problem.:cool:

Custom Search