PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C250 IU Black Replacement

Custom Search

boboveride
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm new to this, but I'm trying to replace the IU black on my bizhub C250, the dealer wants to sell me a reset chip for this IU unit, so
1. Do I need to buy it?
2. Any tricks on replacing the IU units ingeneral, other than swapping the unit?
Please help... THX

cosmic18
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm new to this, but I'm trying to replace the IU black on my bizhub C250, the dealer wants to sell me a reset chip for this IU unit, so
1. Do I need to buy it?
2. Any tricks on replacing the IU units ingeneral, other than swapping the unit?
Please help... THX
buy reset chip,open front cover pull out black iu unit look behind the front cover of black iu and remove chip small black screw holding it in place reposition iu unit initilize/stablize iu unit and calibrate done

pepper38_cnd
04-14-2009, 11:48 AM
If your machine is already calling for the IU it may be too late to chip, you can try it but you will probably get streaks and or backgrounding within a month of chipping. Rechipping works best on that model if it's done before the message appears.

Blenk
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
i agree with pepper38... on this machine, its probably best to just buy the new black unit unless they are going to sell you the reset chip really cheap, its just a gamble, could work for days, weeks or months.. its just a gamble, its the only way to reset it though, either with the chip or a new unit, its up to you, if the reset chip is cheap... its worth a go!

the chip will reset the count so it looks new, it will be the copy qualit that is the gamble.

pepper38_cnd
04-16-2009, 02:05 AM
If your unit craps out after rechipping all is not lost , actually the issue is the machine not the iu, just put a new Iu in and get a chip for your existing IU when the new iu is at 70% rechip it or put the old rechipped unit in. Remember to rechip before the Replace Iu comes up. Without going into great detail about why this is (lots of people want to argue this with me), trust me it works! It's been working for us for over 2 years and we have hundreds of these units in the field. There is much money to be saved by rechipping but doing it properly makes a difference. Visit my web site and read all the info.

abilashvk
04-19-2009, 04:30 AM
hi,Iam new to forum,I could no undersand the use of a reseting chip if Ur using an old IU itself as copy quality will be same and U can disable the IU life stop counter from ser. mode& stop 0,c. sorry if I understood Ur problem differently. abilash

Custom Search