PDA

View Full Version : C6500 calibration ?

Custom Search

totoro
04-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi All,

I have a machine, 1 of 2 that I'm having problems with colors matching what is scanned. I have a 200k PM kit on order and will change all the parts, but I have been hearing conflicting things from different techs about which adjs to do and in what order to perform them. Can anyone tell me which adjs to do and in what order? TIA

pacman
04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
For some reason, I thought the c6500 pro was self calibrating.

Si@danwood
04-14-2009, 06:57 AM
The 6500/5500 is not self calibrating.The most accurate way of Calibrating the engine is with a Es-1000 spectrometer(For Fiery)or densitometer if using the Creo controller,Assuming all necessary drum perculiarty adlustments have been carried out 1st(See attached PDF)...Si

buster68
04-14-2009, 01:35 PM
The C6500 service manual has a list of adjustments and what order to perform them. The list is in Section 9, pages 232 & 233.

totoro
04-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanx everyone.

mecanico
04-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi All,

I have a machine, 1 of 2 that I'm having problems with colors matching what is scanned. I have a 200k PM kit on order and will change all the parts, but I have been hearing conflicting things from different techs about which adjs to do and in what order to perform them. Can anyone tell me which adjs to do and in what order? TIA

Check This.

totoro
04-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Well, I did all the calibration adjustments and they all completed, but the copies are still off. I have ordered an IP board and a ccd cable. Can anyone think of anything else? TIA

random
04-21-2009, 07:34 AM
So let me get this right you have two c6500 one that the scans print correctly and one that does not?

Do you mean scan to the rip and print from the rip? Or do you mean photocopying?

If it is the latter then I have had this problem with the ribbon cable from the CCD not connected properly at the board end (not ccd end) Just re-seat it and problem gone.

totoro
04-22-2009, 06:44 AM
I mean copying off the glass. I have tried reseating the ccd ribbon cable with no change. It almost looks as if the machine is using processed black instead of true black. I only have 2 of these machines in my rural territory and the second one has no off street business so I am not that experienced with them. Is there a way to set it to use true black when copying off the glass?

HORSE
04-22-2009, 06:59 AM
I mean copying off the glass. I have tried reseating the ccd ribbon cable with no change. It almost looks as if the machine is using processed black instead of true black. I only have 2 of these machines in my rural territory and the second one has no off street business so I am not that experienced with them. Is there a way to set it to use true black when copying off the glass?

You can calibrate the scanner....!!!

Also check setting different type of original.... Photo, Map, Colour printed Original etc etc.

Custom Search