PDA

View Full Version : kon/min 2010

Custom Search

copysys
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
The machine was working fine, the toner light came on. the customer replaced the empty toner bottle with a new one. the new toner is generic and it also seemed to be hard, as if the toner was old or not stored properly. Now the gear assy at the rear of the machine which turns the toner bottle is binding .Sound as if there's a broken gear. has anyone had a problem like this. The gear assy is very difficult to get to.
please help, thanks

brent
04-14-2009, 01:05 AM
The machine was working fine, the toner light came on. the customer replaced the empty toner bottle with a new one. the new toner is generic and it also seemed to be hard, as if the toner was old or not stored properly. Now the gear assy at the rear of the machine which turns the toner bottle is binding .Sound as if there's a broken gear. has anyone had a problem like this. The gear assy is very difficult to get to.
please help, thanks
this problem will not fix itself. I have seen this time and time again. there is no easy way you have to take the back of the machine off. and take most of the front off. take out the toner hopper. and lots more. if the wrong bottle was added and the unit was bound it will most likely be the gear and the shaft will be bent. that will have to be taken apart once the unit is out of the machine. are you a tech? if not you should find one. this is quite a job.

brent

TheOwl
04-14-2009, 04:35 AM
I agree with Brent.

Customers usually have old toner bottles hanging around from their previous machine (or get sent the wrong toner ) and they will put it in because they "Look the same".

This is a common problem with the Bizhub 2010, 3010, 3510 and Bizhub 250, 350.

The job is going to take a long time to complete as there are a lot of components that need to be removed. Definately requires a tech.

brent
04-14-2009, 04:50 AM
I remember the first time I had the misfortune of doing this procedure. I took the machine all apart and then if that wasn't bad enough. once you get to the toner add assembly. you have another hour of small parts to tear down. watch your c clips. because they will screw you. trust me. if you get it all apart then reassemble. if you get the one c clip in the wrong spot or it streaches too much. and you reassemble. you will soon realize (after you have it all back together) that the clip is missing or in the wrong spot. you will hate life. here is the part number for the bracket assembly you will need
4030 0214 03 dealer price is 14.39. I have taken these and bent them back. but once the pressed part has been bent it will loose its temper and will rebend. I keep these brackets with me. and I actually have a complete assembly that I keep with me. that I rebuilt. it is much faster if you have a spare. it will save you a lot of time
thanks owl for agreeing with me. first time I completed this project I could not believe it.
have fun

brent

nmfaxman
04-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Buy a new toner hopper and new developer and charge the customer cost + 15 and waive the labor.
Next time it is full cost.
Cheaper to install a new system than the time to clean it out with a 10% chance of failure.
They put the toner in, they should pay.

brent
04-14-2009, 05:23 AM
50.62 for that assembly. I didn't read the parts manual that closely last time. this is definitly the way to go. good point nmfaxman. this certainly will save a lot of time. developer is definitely cheap. but I don't know if any wrong toner would make it that far. the toner bottles are close but no cigar. I don't know if the bottle would even turn once. have a nice eve..

brent

copysys
04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all your help. This is definitely a job I would like to complete in the shop. It took over 2 hrs just to take apart the front of the machine . How long does this job usually take? Thank again

mo0651
04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
thats why we charge silly nilly customers that don't play by the toner rules. Early models of 2010 had that happen often. :cool:

brent
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks for all your help. This is definitely a job I would like to complete in the shop. It took over 2 hrs just to take apart the front of the machine . How long does this job usually take? Thank again
again. the first time will be the longest. just the front of the machine takes a while. then the developer unit then the fun part is the back the 2 connectors that plug into the unit. then the wiring. please do it in the shop the first time. but as nmfaxman said have that part with you when you do this. don't take it apart to see what happened. we know what happened. less down time if you already have the parts.
brent

Custom Search