PDA

View Full Version : Konica Main Board

Custom Search

BrentV
04-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Currently we are on a labor + parts plan. The techs/sales tend to scare us with WHAT IFs like what if the main board goes bad etc. 2 questions.

Copiers like the Konica C550, does Konica ever cover a warranty on any of their parts?

What are the chances (1 out of ?) that an expensive board goes out (we have it hooked through a heavy duty surge protector etc.)?

Brent

xcopy
04-16-2009, 11:32 PM
With a colour machine you should always have a maintaince agreement.
Its like having a insurance policy for the machine.
The boards are not your only worry its the cost of the drums, fuser parts and transfer belts.
You are crazy if you think that you will come out on top if you dont have a maintance agreement!!!!
PS: Konica will charge everytime something goes wrong.
If your car needs fixing and you dont have a warrenty on your car what are the macahnic going to say. Yeah we will fix it for free. (no)
What are konica or any other copier company going to say?(no)

BrentV
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Some companies must come out on top, either that or the copier service company is losing money?

I know I probably need to get a service agreement. The reason I don't have one is because the company didn't honor the agreement that I had negotiated with their salesman (the salesman is no longer there) It wasn't until after a service call and some toner bought did they tell me I didn't have a maintenance agreement. Anyway it was a bad situation and I decided to go without one. At this point I have spent $100 on a service call ttl.

xcopy
04-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Have you asked to see how much a colour image unit is?
I would talk to the copier company and see if you can get another agreement, it is in both your intrests.

HORSE
04-17-2009, 01:52 AM
At this point I have spent $100 on a service call ttl.

Mate you have got of light so far!! I charge $280 to put my foot through the door.

I had a customer whose building got struck by lighting and smoked all their PC's plus the power supply and printer control board on their C500. They have a full service agreement but that does not cover acts of nature.

$4,000 on the insurance.

pepper38_cnd
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Why have a service agreement?

The number one reason to have a service contract is " So you as a customer, can be totally satisfied with your equipment."

As a technician arriving at your place of business to service your equipment, if you have a contract I know I can do the job properly and completely whatever time and parts it needs, you have already paid for. I am not tied up by your purse stings having to give estimates and get approval on every little part you may require.

Yes Dealers make money from service contracts! If they didn't they would not be able to offer you the customer the high quality experienced Technicians. You would suffer and not be satisfied with your purchase decision.

So instead of asking "Do I need a service contract or not"?

Ask yourself "Do I want to be happy and satisfied with my equipment?"

Wynard
04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
From my experience with Konica machines I can tell that those boards rarely cause problems. _NORMALLY_.

The point is you can never know. It just MIGHT choose to corrupt itself unrecoverably and stop working. Just as with cars - you can never know what could happen.

If you ask me, I second what has been said before - get a service contract. Makes life much easier, your machine is serviced more properly and at least our contracts arent nearly as expensive as a single high cost part and the loss of productivity would cost you.

Blenk
04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I agree also with the above, I do not like going to do jobs when there is no service agreement, as the costs can get out of control and it is not nice to say to the customer ok, the copier is fixed and land them with a bill for £900.

so many things can go wrong, if you could see the costs of the parts we have to fit, you would think twice, also companies will add a percentage on top of the price they buy the parts in for.. thats just how it works in business.

i stress to all of my coustomers who dont have a service contract, get yourself on one or you will regret it, even the price of drum units, transfer belts and fusers are shocking and these parts have a life, so after a few months or so you are going to have to pay to get all of these replaced, you have to as the machine will stop working, that will cost you hundreds.

talk with a new salesman, im sure they will sort you out and look after you, and i agree that we can do a better job if you are on a service agreement.

Cantechman
04-18-2009, 07:06 PM
If they ever had any interest in your business in the future they would certainly want to work out some type of contract...but sometimes sales people don't see that far ahead.

Custom Search