PDA

View Full Version : copy,scan,print,fax machine-opinion

Custom Search

CMB
12-16-2006, 11:45 AM
i'm looking for one for my home. i would like to have the scanner to have as high resolution as possible for scanning pictures. a laser unit will be a little out of my price range at this time, so i'm limited to ink or bubble jet.

any suggestions from your personal experiences?? i don't work on printers or faxes and have no idea what would be a good brand or model for the device i'm seeking.

knightfall
12-17-2006, 01:02 PM
There are a lot of scanners out in the market and will do a good job for the home use. All scanner will give you up to 600 dpi resolution and some will give you 1200 dpi using software manipulation. If you use photoshop all scanners have a plugin for photoshop (twain driver). In general all scanners do a good job but you will have to check out the types of scanners out in the market and decide if you want a document feeder or not. I currently use a Canon LiDe scanner I use to scan all my pictures to digital files and use a Canon i850 inkjet printer to print photos out. So good luck and have fun shopping for a scanner and printer.

copi_40
12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Lexmark X215 ( In fact samsung SCX 4216 ) . I saw that Canon multifunctionals machine from Laser Base MF series (better machine ) are not available in USA !!!????? I belive you do not want a inkjet toy !!!

Tonerbomb
12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
As 4 the scx 4216 mentioned keep in mind that it is disposible like all the other samsung printers...spend a couple more bucks on something else!

kyoceradude
12-19-2006, 12:45 PM
We sell the Samsung and Muratech products. The Samsung toner yield sucks, and the cost for supplies is kind of high. Unless you buy aftermarket supplies.. Muratech is a better bang for the buck. (in my opinion)

suckis
01-15-2007, 01:46 AM
samsung SCX 4216

Custom Search