PDA

View Full Version : C451 constant paper jams - Solutions?

Custom Search

GusG
04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi all, I'm based in Uganda and have a C352P and a C451, I am not a technician but I am asking for assistance since my local K-M agent and their head office in Kenya are not really giving me the help I need.
My biggest problem right now is that my 451 will jam almost all paper from tray 1 and 4, will do most grammages from tray 3 (which is only A4) but now when I try to run anything over 200gsm it jams from tray 2 almost without fail, the bypass hasn't worked for months. It has done some 500,000 clicks and I seem to remember reading here somewhere that there is a part maintenance kit that is supposed to be installed after about 250,000 clicks. This has not been done and I assume this is mostly about rollers being replaced. Could someone point me in the direction of where to get such a PM kit or alternatively to where I can just buy the rollers (ideally with the part numbers for all the trays, including the LCT which isn't too bad now but will be soon I imagine).
If someone could also let me know where to buy a calibration kit for a C352P (without the scanner) I would be most grateful.
Thanks in advance.

wcastelli
04-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Try cleaning the feed rollers with some warm soapy water on a rag.
It is fairly simple to remove the cassette to access the rollers.
I don't recommend changeing feed rollers without a manual if you have never done it before.

Custom Search