PDA

View Full Version : C250 It wont turn on. HELP please

Custom Search

04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
So a customers machine went down today they came in and it wouldnt turn on. Its a KM C250 I know is probably the power supply but any other ideas to try before that? It dosnt do anything no clicks no hour glass NOTHING. Thanks again guys.

mrwho
04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
No idea, but check the fuses before starting to change boards. ;)

04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
fuses are good. any one know where to start? Ive never had one die before. and are there any power supplys that will swap from other machines?

dcopylady
04-22-2009, 05:15 AM
fuses are good. any one know where to start? Ive never had one die before. and are there any power supplys that will swap from other machines?
Newbie,
This response is risky, please do not be offended but it has happened to me too! Have you checked voltage at the outlet? Some customers do not even know where their breaker box is or how to tell if one is tripped! I (we) assume there is source power!
With the main power switch off and the panel sub-power switch on, try holding the utility key while turning on the main power switch and keep holding utility until the panel displays a trouble reset button. (If the panel display comes on then not power supply) If you get this, touch it, 'ok' appears turn off the main power switch. Unplug it for 2-3 minutes and try again. There is a whole lot more to this recovery if it comes up in Japanese or displays a code.
If you get a C-D3XX code, write it down and do the following:
With the trouble code displayed, touch 'stop-0-7-1-3-9'
An asterisk will appear on the screen, touch it and data restoration will begin. If you get another C-D3XX code, different from the first, do it again. One of mine took 37 times to restore. As long as the C-D3XX code is different every time you are making progress.
If that doesn't work you may have to flash the firmware.
Try all this stuff first before going for the pricy power supply.
Don't know if any of this will help :rolleyes: Good Luck!
Regards,
dcopylady

04-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi, Newbie!

Try a firmware upgrade.

pepper38_cnd
04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
dcopylady is pointing you in the right direction, we have also had some success using the NVRAM Recovery firmware. But I would only use that as a last resort.

dcopylady
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
dcopylady is pointing you in the right direction, we have also had some success using the NVRAM Recovery firmware. But I would only use that as a last resort.

pepper38 cnd,
FYI
Thanks for the endorsement! I agree with that! The NVRAM recovery process wipes out the electronic counters and other info. The two times I did this, I had to obtain the out-of-the-box installation guide and start from scratch (nightmare)
Re-flashing the FW sometimes works but it must be flashed with the same FW it had before or that won't work either. If it won't power up, you can't tell what the FW level is.
I have several of these type models where I am. This area is not as well developed as most places and we seem to have unstable power issues. When a 'brow-out' condition or power outage or some other wierd power event happens involving a voltage drop, these machines drop dead! No two die the same way depending on what options are installed, FW level etc...so it is difficult to determine/convey an exact recovery tactic for a particular machine. In some cases the NVRAM had to be replaced. I hear that is very hard to come by any more! At any rate, replacing the power supply unit has never fixed one of mine.
Other KM models and copier brands do not seem to be affected by voltage drops in the same environment. Would you know if KM is working on a fix for this?
Your input always helpful!
Regards,
d_copylady

tech51
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Best meter reading I had after a NVRAM recovery was -14000000 !!!!! Try explaining that to the accounts department:):):):)

mrwho
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Customer: "Heck. with the money you owe me, send me a couple of new copier machines instead!" :D

Tata
04-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey don't laugh! Have you tried the plug at the machine end? I have found a couple of copiers that the cleaning crew moved the copier to clean and managed to get it partially unplugged. Go with the easy fix first! Good luck.

meshar582
04-29-2009, 07:33 AM
have had this problem, switch machine off and unplug for 45-60 mins then restart, that may help

abilashvk
04-30-2009, 02:54 AM
U can remove the battery of NVRAM by desoldering from one side so that all persisting data erassed .reinstall it.then do the firmware .most probably a CD XXXX code or jap language will results.give NVRAM back up. change country code to respectively in service mode. enter IP addr

Custom Search