PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020 - Netware to Microsoft...or parallel?

Custom Search

CoachC
04-22-2009, 04:57 AM
We just secured a 7020 with hopefully some life left in it. It has the network interface and fax interface onboard. I have the user manual, no service manual or CD. The device was last configured for netware and we are running a very basic microsoft network with shared files/printers and PC's running XP. Is there a way to reset to factory defaults, then configure for TCP/IP without the CD or MAP utility?? Or should we just opt to connect using parallel cable, install the XP driver and call it done til it dies? We would really like to ultimately network it to support our small office.

Your help is much appreciated.

pepper38_cnd
04-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Use BootP to configure TC/IP and then any other configurations can be done thru the web interface. You can reset to factory using the jummper on the NIC, then you still have to use BootP to configure.

mrwho
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Send me your email and I'll send you the service manuals as soon as I get the chance. I can also send you the bootp utility if you don't have it.
Additionally, just confirm to me the optionals that you have: print controller IP-421 and fax kit FK-101, right?

CoachC
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you. To reset the jumper, I will have to remove the NIC from the device. By doing so, any concerns or challenges I should watch for?
Unfortunately, when we recieved the machine we did not get the CD's with it so I am hunting for any of the utilities.
Our ultimate goal is to get it scanning to my PC.

CoachC
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I found the scan driver in the ether as well as discovered the correct user guide informing me we can only do scanning via ethernet and not parallel. I have yet to discover the correct driver (just getting script) to print using local port.

mrwho
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you. To reset the jumper, I will have to remove the NIC from the device. By doing so, any concerns or challenges I should watch for?

To access the NIC jumpers, take the IP out of the copier (turn it completely off first) and open the controller. Don't try to just take out the NIC screws and pulling it off, since it's also screwed on the inside.

As far as scanning is concerned, AFAIK, you can only scan if the controller is equipped with an HDD (2.5 inches, standard off-the-shelf part).

Keep checking your mail, I'm replying to yours in a couple of minutes with some files.

Good luck!

CoachC
04-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Fantatic. Okay, clearly I am not techical in the copy world and really appreciate the help. Once the unit is out. Is there a way to tell if the HD is installed easily?

copytechman
04-24-2009, 04:22 PM
If this machine is like a 7022 (I'm told its very similar), with the ip installed in the machine, the in print/scan mode on the touch screen should be a scan button.. if you touch it there should be a box function if the hdd is installed... is it there?

Regards!
A.

mrwho
04-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Fantatic. Okay, clearly I am not techical in the copy world and really appreciate the help. Once the unit is out. Is there a way to tell if the HD is installed easily?

When you open the print controller to reset the network card, you'll easily check if there's an HD there or not.

OR you can follow copytechman hint, but if you already have the IP on your hands, it won't work. :o

pepper38_cnd
04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Have you printed a config sheet? Which Ip do you have the ip-421 or the ip-011 the NIC cards are the same but no HDD or scanning with ip-011 and it is just GDI printing. That info would be useful. I know we are all assuming it's a ip-421. But you know what happens when you assume?

Custom Search