PDA

View Full Version : cf 2002 controller problem

Custom Search

brenni
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
hi,

i have a problem with our 2002 with standard controller.
the machine doesnt "see" the controller.
in "system input", "peripheral settings" its set to controller 2.
when i check "state confirm", "option check" it says "printer unset"

any ideas?

cobiray
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Is the controller powered on? Are the cables securely connected at the controller and the machine? Can you ping the IP through the network or bring up the embedded web page in your browser?

B0265
04-23-2009, 02:39 PM
If you have the CN3101e select "Controller 3".

brenni
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
If you have the CN3101e select "Controller 3".

i have a cn3102e controller.
it is powered on, yes; cables are ok.

brenni
04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Is the controller powered on? Are the cables securely connected at the controller and the machine? Can you ping the IP through the network or bring up the embedded web page in your browser?

i cant access the webpage becourse i dont know the machines IP.

mrwho
04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
If the machine doesn't "see" the controller, it seems to me that it's (the Fiery) OS might be corrupt.

You probably need to upload it again into the controller to bring it back to life.

I've only serviced the Konica 8020/8031 (rebrand of that one, if I'm not mistaken) but I had that happen to me more than a couple of times.

brenni
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
If the machine doesn't "see" the controller, it seems to me that it's (the Fiery) OS might be corrupt.

You probably need to upload it again into the controller to bring it back to life.

I've only serviced the Konica 8020/8031 (rebrand of that one, if I'm not mistaken) but I had that happen to me more than a couple of times.

i was afraid of that, too.
can you explain how i do that?

mrwho
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
I can't help you with the firmware side of things since, as I said, I never serviced the minolta version of that machine before.

Anyway, it's quite simple - although it could be a lenghty process.

You just send a couple of files to the controller via the parallel port using DOS commands (something like "COPY /B BOOT.BIN LPT1").

When you get the firmware, hopefully there will be some instructions along with it. If not, ask for help, and we'll see what we can do.

Custom Search