PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 750 Boxes Keep Going Missing

Custom Search

crbeaufla
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Just like the title says, I have a bizhub 750 at a remote site and the boxes keep going missing. This is about the third time it is happened in the past month. Last time it was during a very heavy utilization period. This time it should not be too busy.

Have tired logging into the machine's website and it does not matter if I use flash or html, public, or administrator, clicking to see into a box just takes me to the box selection menu.

The remote site manager is not pleased. Where can I begin diagnosing what is going on? I've reported this to our service provider but they seem to be happy with us rebooting.

copytechman
04-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Tough to say but i'd suspect a hdd on its way out for that sort of thing!
Regards!
A.

tech51
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I would suggest you get your service provider to ensure the firmware in the machine is up to date. It would be my first thing to check.

jneezy2008
04-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Are you able to access/create User Boxes via the control panel? Copytechman could be on the right track with a failing HDD.

I know some of our techs check the HDD reboot counter in Tech Rep Mode. I'm not sure, though, that this available on the bz750.

crbeaufla
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM
I've recomended to my service provider that they check the firmware and hd. Hoping it all goes well. I may contact the branch manager of our site and get the danka code and call in an job while I'm on leave. Something tells me my rep did not understand what I wanted. Pretty sure our usual techs woudl know what I meant.

We have two others and one is under much heavier box use and has yet to miss a beat... Hope I'm not setting myself up for some holiday work here.

Thanks for the responses! This is still my single best source for info. I've lurked here for a while.

Sean486
04-25-2009, 02:37 AM
If you don't have one already, I would strongly suggest you put a ESP power Filter on that unit.

crbeaufla
06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Turns out one of the users was abusing the unit's hard drive by keeping everything. She had worked out how to save all documents and make it so it never deleted. Thus the hard drive would keep filling up.... or so my tech told me.

Custom Search