PDA

View Full Version : samsung scx 4720f "document jam"

Custom Search

ash_572
04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
customer says that they fed pages through the document feeder to fax and the machine came up with this document jam message. there is no paper watsoever however i think its a sensor that has come out of place. im not very familier with samsung machines i generally work on ricoh. customer cannot fax at all but only recieve faxes.

bit of a mystery for me.

markyy
03-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi,

did you get a solution with this "document jam" issue?? I have the same issue now.
Even if you power off and on, display shows "document jam". No piece of paper, dust, aso. at the sensors.

Thank you in advance

ash_572
03-28-2011, 09:19 PM
sorry. i dont remember what happened.

JustManuals
03-28-2011, 11:13 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

markyy
04-01-2011, 11:09 PM
after cleaning all sensors, checking the circuit board in the feeder with no positive result, i took a closer look at the the cable between the feeder and the machine. i tested the continuity from connector to connector and actually i found 3 broken wires.the position is located between the feeder and the machine, where the cable is most stressed. I opened the cable carefully with a sharp knife and soldered the cables. Works perfect again.. :)

Custom Search