PDA

View Full Version : C353 Running Toner Supply Motor ?

Custom Search

fishleg
04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
We have a 353 which keeps coming up with cyan tcr error. Tried new drum & toner so neither of them stopped the error but upon inspecting the motor that turns both the cyan and black toner supply it seems to struggle to turn.

What I would really love to do is get just that motor to run on its own so I can physically watch it spin. Is that possible with these machines ?

copytechman
04-23-2009, 09:53 PM
I wish. I have gone so far as to partly disassemble the front of a toner bottle to be able to see if the gears turn properly, but as far as I know there is no dedicated load check or output test mode for individual components on these machines. If i'm wrong please let me know!!

Regards!
A.

tech51
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Its usually the one way clutches that slip. How many copies has it done ?

fishleg
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Fairly new only has done about 30k thankfully its the 353p so I can actually see the ends of the toner bottles. Must be a way seems so stupid not to have an easy way to do such a basic test.

pepper38_cnd
04-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Pull the exit tray and the toners. Pop the eclip off the toner drive and pull the spring clutch. Clean the grease off the spring and put it all back together. I made the mistake of replacing the toner drive ( this solved the problem) but is very service intensive, only to find it was the spring clutch that was easily accessed from the font of the machine rather than going in thru the back.

fishleg
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Bang on it was the spring clutch greased to hell. Cleaned it all off and worked fine. How does it actually work i.e. one motor drives both the black and cyan toner but I could not see how it drives each one separately. Does it spin one way for black and the other for cyan ?

copytechman
04-24-2009, 05:27 PM
You got it!
A!

pepper38_cnd
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
The motor turns one way for one color and the reverse for the other. Thats why the spring clutch so it will slip when reverse driven.

Custom Search