PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200/250/350

Custom Search

Vesigoth
04-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey guys! Does anyone know how the toner for the Bizhub 350 (TN-311) can be different from the toner for the Bizhub 200 and 250 (TN-211)when they all use the same developer (DV-310)? I know the bottles are different but one of my techs swaped out the IU from a 350 with the IU from a 250 and as soon as the copier started, it popped a toner sensor code.:)

pepper38_cnd
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
What you probably got was a toner density error because the Dev was calibrated for the other machine. The only thing different about the toner is the bottle, We modify the hoppers so they all use the same toner.

mrwho
04-24-2009, 05:56 PM
What you probably got was a toner density error because the Dev was calibrated for the other machine. The only thing different about the toner is the bottle, We modify the hoppers so they all use the same toner.

Is there any documentation on that modification you do?

And what's the idea behind doing different bottles for machines that essentially use the same toner? :confused:

pepper38_cnd
04-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Its the manufactures way of making Dealers carry more inventory. The more types of toner the more types you have to stock.

fixthecopier
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Is there any documentation on that modification you do?

And what's the idea behind doing different bottles for machines that essentially use the same toner? :confused:

That mod is just pulling out the drawer the bottle lays in, and removing the rotate cup and pop out the taps that prevent the different bottle from being inserted. When you pull it out you will see what I mean.

mrwho
04-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the insight.

Blenk
04-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi I agree with pepper38, it will probably be just the toner density sensor not correct. But whilst we are all talking about this toner density I have another question about it one of you guys might know the answer to?

when i have changed dev in the past on this range of machines, most of the time after the setup, it throws up this toner density code, and the only way i can get rid of it is by quicky getting into service mode before it puts the code up and changing the manual setting for the toner density, by a massive amount, either one way or the other, i know its probably not the best thing to do but its all i can do to get the machine up and running, it works fine once iv done that.

any ideas why this could be?

pepper38_cnd
04-25-2009, 02:47 PM
The next time you change a Drum and Dev fallow these steps:
1 Reset the special parts counters
2 Shut off machine
3 Change Drum and Dev
4 Reinstall drum assy leaving side door open
5 Turn on machine and enter service mode
6 Close side door
7 Complete F8 adjustment
8 Turn power Off then ON

Blenk
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
thanks pepper38..... will try doing that next time i do it.

Custom Search