PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on CF2002/CF3102 Copier

Custom Search

shockwave
04-26-2009, 07:38 AM
I purchased a used CF2002 with scanner, print controller, duplexer, and finisher that sorts,folds,and staples. I am attempting to print a short-run magazine on this unit and am having some difficulties figuring it out.

First, I would like to plug a laptop into the copier via ethernet and download the magazine pages into the copier for printing. After installation of the Fiery software on a laptop running WinXP and connection via ethernet, the Fiery control panel does not detect any Fiery devices attached. Further neither of the two small LED's on the copiers ethernet jack are lighting up when the cable is connected, I checked the cable on another device and its good. I find the LED thing unusual as one LED usually lights up when the cable is connected, but okay maybe the LED is just burned out. Could this simply be a TCP IP address issue ? The Fiery CPanel on the laptop does allow for a manual configuration of an IP address/subnet but it appears this is something that would be configured first on the copier and whose settings are then second entered into the Fiery CPanel so the laptop would be able to recognize the device. I can't find anywhere on the copier to assign an IP address to the machine ? I have to wonder if whether this should all be handled through Windows >> Cpanel >> Add Printer instead of trying to install as a network node through Windows >> CPanel >> Network Settings ?

Second, I am having a problem figuring out how to get the copier to duplex, print on both sides of the paper, which if I am reading the manual right this unit does automatically (does not require physically turning the paper over and re-running the second side, its automatically done inside the copier). According to the manual diagrams it appears there is a duplexing unit on the copier but I tried all day today and couldn't figure out how to get the thing to print on both sides of the paper. According to the manual I interpreted this to be done through the copiers on-screen Basic menu where there are settings of 1 and 2 for both the original and the copy. I tried every combination and never got a print on the second side !

Any advice would be appreciated !

pepper38_cnd
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you connecting thru a network? Or are you trying to connect your laptop directly to the copier? ( you cannot connect directly to the copier with a standard Cat5 cable, you will need a crossover cable ). Did you configure the network connection at the copier?
When copying and selecting 2-2 and putting a 2 sided original into the ADF you say you get only single sided copies out? Does it do this with indicating a paper mis-feed? More information is definitely needed.

shockwave
04-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes, I was trying to connect the laptop direct to the copier with a CAT5 cable. Having some experience with networking I feel stupid I didn't think of the crossover cable. Duh ...

Quote - Did you configure the network connection at the copier?

One of the problems is I can't find anywhere in the copiers Menus to configure a network connection for the copier. I am blindly assuming at this point that the copier should have an IP address/subnet assigned on it in order for the laptops TCP/IP network to recognize it. Is this correct or should the Fiery software on the laptop automatically recognize the copier once I use a crossover cable ?

Quote - When copying and selecting 2-2 and putting a 2 sided original into the ADF you say you get only single sided copies out?

I should say here that this is my first copier and a rather complex one. I am not totally sure I am even doing things the right way for duplexing. I scanned a single-sided original into the copier using the flatbed. In the Basic Menu I set up the print for single-sided original (Original -1) and (Copy - 2), hoping to get double-sided prints but that didn't work. Then I tried every combination of 1-2 setting for Original and Copy, but none would yield a double-sided print. There were no error messages on the copier when I did these tests (no misfeeds, jams etc.), the prints looked awesome they just weren't double-sided.

These were tests using the scanner because I couldn't get the laptop to network with the copier to download files to it for printing. In the end I hope to download TIFF or PDF files to the copier in order to print the magazine. I would think to achieve that, I would create a print job where File1 is print side 1 and File2 is print side 2. I guess in a real world scenario no one would be scanning a single-sided original to print double-sided so thats probably where I went wrong with these tests. Instead of scanning one single-sided original and trying to make it print double-sided, I should have scanned two single-sided originals and made that print to one double-sided print. Is this the correct method ?

Thanks for your assistance !

cobiray
04-27-2009, 04:54 AM
If you go to konicaminolta.com (http://www.konicaminolta.com) you can download the user manual to shed some light on the basic operations. If you are having trouble accessing the functions (duplex, staple, etc.) make sure you have added the correct accessories in the print driver.

Morlock49
04-28-2009, 02:13 AM
The fiery Must be set up from the copier control panel, Look for a small white square on the display panel at the bottom right, touch this and it should take you to the Fiery menu, select setup and do the network settings from there.

Also I must ask, have you switched on the fiery as the on/off button can be hidden by the scanner frame

jneezy2008
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes, first make sure the Fiery is powered on. And if it's not, turn the main power switch off THEN power on the Fiery, wait 3-5 minutes, then turn on the main power switch for the copier.

Once everything is powered up you need to assign the Fiery an IP address so it can communicate with your laptop. And the Fiery I have, which is connected to a CF2002, has NIC lights. So, you should get NIC lights on the Fiery when it's plugged in to your laptop. If not, then make sure the NIC in your laptop is working by plugging it in to a network jack/router/etc.
Press "Utility" => "Controller Detail" => "Menu" => "Run Setup => "OK". "Running Setup" will display and you will be returned to the Utility screen.
Press "Controller Detail" => "Network Setup" => "Protocol Setup" => "TCP/IP Setup" => "Ethernet Setup".

"Ethernet" should be set to "Yes".
Auto IP should be "No".
Enter the IP address you want the copier to have => "Enter".
Enter the Subnet Mask => "Enter".
Should now get a "Successfully Bound to Ethernet" message.
Enter the Gateway => "Enter".
Press "Exit TCP/IP Setup" => "Exit Protocol Setup" => "Exit Network Setup".
"Save Changes" should be "Yes" => "OK".
Press "Exit Setup".
Now the Fiery will reboot.

You're laptop will need to be manually configured so it can communicate with the Fiery.
Open "Control Panel" => "Network Connections".
Right-click the local area connection icon and select "Properties".
Select "Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)" => "Properties".
Click "Use the following IP address:" => enter IP you want your laptop to have. Ex: If you gave the Fiery an IP address of 192.168.1.20 then give you laptop something other than 192.168.1.20, like 192.168.1.10.
Enter the same Subnet Mask that you entered in to the Fiery.
Enter the same Gateway that you entered in to the Fiery.
Click "OK" => "OK".

To test:
Click "Start" => "Run".
Type "cmd" => click "OK".
Type "ping [Fiery IP]"(replace [Fiery IP] with the address you assigned to the Fiery).
You should get four replies from the Fiery. Now you can download the drivers from the Fiery and install them on your laptop.

jneezy2008
04-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Are you connecting thru a network? Or are you trying to connect your laptop directly to the copier? ( you cannot connect directly to the copier with a standard Cat5 cable, you will need a crossover cable ). Did you configure the network connection at the copier?
When copying and selecting 2-2 and putting a 2 sided original into the ADF you say you get only single sided copies out? Does it do this with indicating a paper mis-feed? More information is definitely needed.

As for network cable, I use a straight through cable using the wiring 586B standard where both ends are identical(orange-white, orange, green-white, blue, blue-white, green, brown-white, brown).

Custom Search