PDA

View Full Version : c-350 hard drive...

Custom Search

bubblegoose72
04-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Hello, Thanks for checking out my problem...

I have an old c-350 in the field and would like to add the hard drive so they can scan multipage pdfs. I got the cable from the board to the drive and brought out a couple of laptop hard drives, but neither will format. They just sit at 0% for logical and physical and the hard drive has been set in service mode. The main body powers up to the c code as it is supposed to, just no format. They are Toshibas and one is 20g and the other 40g. Wonder if there is some specific kind I need to have. Seems like we just used to put generics in there back in the day...

Thanks,

Chris

mrwho
04-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I didn't knew the C350 could take an harddrive...

Blenk
04-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Yes a c350 can take a hard drive, its called an HD501, although a normal hard drive can be used. the SD501 is a 40gig hard drive which should work, have you remembered to set the hard drive first, so that the machine knows it has a hard drive, then after that you should do a physical format followed by a logical format.

the setup instructons just says a logical format but with it not being an SD501 im sure you have to do a physical format first.

hope this helps.

brent
04-29-2009, 05:12 AM
I ordered an extra from minolta just to have. they still stock them. mabee because everyone is getting them somewhere else? so if they are the same hard drive that you can get from a regular computer supply place? sorry to hijack the thread. but where minolta is charging a bundle for these is there a part number someone would have? thanks.

Marsh2
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
hi

sorry not that sure because KM never let any C350 into Australian market without harddrives or extra memory and they were supplied with a machine order free of charge. Just thought that maybe this might be the answer the extra memory because we never had that issue and sold over 100 C350 without a problem so maybe it could be extra memory needed.

buster68
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Marsh2 is correct, you have to install extra memory for the HDD to be recognized on the C350.

Custom Search