PDA

View Full Version : Full bleed color on a c6500

Custom Search

pacman
04-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Okay guys, need some help.

Is there ANY way possibly to get full bleed color on a c6500 using 8.5 X 11 OR A4 paper? I have full bleed on the bottom of an 8.5 X 11 paper (portrait), almost to the edge on the left hand side, but a rather large gap on the top and right hand side. It's the internal Fiery controller, using a Mac with OSX 10.4 (I think) using in design and another program I'm not quite sure of.

I know normall full bleed is using 8.5 X 12/13 or other sizes of bigger paper, but I need to know if there is any software tweaks or any lead edge / trail edge / margin tips for in the machine. Thanks y'all.

HORSE
04-29-2009, 01:29 AM
You can print on SRA4 (320x225mm) or SRA3 (320x450mm) and then cut down to LTR or A4 easy enough, The margin you talk is not really a margin its called Lead Edge, Trail Edge and side Edge erase (or Burn).

The Lead edge burn prevents the print from sticking and wrapping around the fusing belt and the side and trail burn prevents toner from contaminating the transfer roller and soiling the edges of the backside of the next print.

Specilist KVN
04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Okay guys, need some help.

Is there ANY way possibly to get full bleed color on a c6500 using 8.5 X 11 OR A4 paper? I have full bleed on the bottom of an 8.5 X 11 paper (portrait), almost to the edge on the left hand side, but a rather large gap on the top and right hand side. It's the internal Fiery controller, using a Mac with OSX 10.4 (I think) using in design and another program I'm not quite sure of.

I know normall full bleed is using 8.5 X 12/13 or other sizes of bigger paper, but I need to know if there is any software tweaks or any lead edge / trail edge / margin tips for in the machine. Thanks y'all.

There is a way to "trick the machine b ut I am not going to tell you how.
Why you ask?

think about it, that toner is going somewhere when you force the bleed. It is going onto the fuser/transfer and quickly building up and ruining the surface.

Even when we used to force a bleed on a printing press the Operator had to keep stopping the press to wash off the excess inks.

DO NOT RUN A BLEED ON A LASER MACHINE.

HORSE
04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah that is why the edge erase is important in a laser printer.....It should never be tweaked or eliminated.....

If you want full bleed on LTR or A4 just print on oversized paper and cut down to the required size.....

This question is a total non-starter....... most good operators understand the concept of why printers use edge erase....... and it would be a basic fundamental for technical people.

Custom Search