PDA

View Full Version : IRC2880 won't ping or print - repost

Custom Search

mrfixit51
04-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Tim C04-28-2009 01:21 PM
IRC2880 won't ping or print

I installed a IRC2880 today, Has Universal Send and Fax. Thought it had Print, now not so sure. The version refers to the boot rom with a C after it. Any Help?

This is a repost for Tim C

11x17
04-29-2009, 01:15 AM
im pretty sure the c bootrom is normal and that it is capable of printing out of the box. You should definitely be able to ping it. What have you done so far? Have you tried to use lap top and crossover?

Tim C
04-29-2009, 01:51 PM
I have tried multiple cables, when i put an IP & Sub & Gate in line with the computer in the copier the "Check TCP/IP" goes away. Its on a network Peer to Peer. When I ping the address i get replys from different IPs. It won't pickup its own IP in DHCP mode. I am going back today to check a few setting maybe clear MMI. I will take my Laptop to test. I did check the Device Config on the copier and it does list the UFRII Driver installed. I was concerned that it was not ready for network printing.

charm5496
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
The machine is standard with UFR printing and the 'C' bootrom is normal.
If you get it to ping you should be able to get it to print.

SCREWTAPE
04-30-2009, 02:34 AM
\
I have tried multiple cables, when i put an IP & Sub & Gate in line with the computer in the copier the "Check TCP/IP" goes away. Its on a network Peer to Peer. When I ping the address i get replies from different IPs. It won't pickup its own IP in DHCP mode. I am going back today to check a few setting maybe clear MMI. I will take my Laptop to test. I did check the Device Config on the copier and it does list the UFRII Driver installed. I was concerned that it was not ready for network printing.
When you ping you get replies from all other IP addresses. Your probably pinging other workstations..
How many computers are on this peer to peer network?
Why don't you try doing a ipconfig /all or a ipconfig on one workstation in the CMD and check out the ip scheme, whether you are in range or not. Are you just putting any IP address? If there network is just a peer to peer, I'm assuming that there don't have a server, and maybe some sort of switch, then this is also a possibility why DHCP is not working and picking up an IP.

Normally a laptop is a tool and should aways be present when installing any copier, saves you time and can get you out of troubled situations like this one.

I guess you would find out tomorrow whether its a problem or not.
Post back, would like to know how you made out.

Goodluck.

Tim C
04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Found the problem... The PC's were getting and address form a wireless router, and the net card was different. so i change the settings on the PC's to a Static IP and BINGO.
Thanks for all the help. This site is very cool for helping each other.
Tim

time2fly
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Static IP's are a good thing to do when setting up for scanning anyway. I like to set the copier to DHCP on setup so it will pull a good IP (takes the guess work out of it) and then set it to a static IP especially when there is no IT manager.

bnmand
04-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I like to set the copier to DHCP on setup so it will pull a good IP (takes the guess work out of it) and then set it to a static IP

I agree. That is a good way to do it. I like to do it that way too.

Custom Search