PDA

View Full Version : Port setup for BizC450

Custom Search

Toner Boy
04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
We were called in to setup this machine after shipping (bent parts, etc) but my real problem is setting it for print. Tried static, set port as generic RAW 9100, won't work. Tried LPR w/queue name Print and won't work. Jobs appear and instantly dissappear in the print window, seems like they are being sent but no activity on the C450.
Driver is XP (2007) from KM site, have no installation disk. Am I missing something on the machine side? Tried DHCP as well. Installing as a local printer. Any ideas would be appreciated (including NIC reset) -Sharp tech.

cobiray
04-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Does this have the standard controller or the Fiery unit? What is the controller option set to?

Toner Boy
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Thats a good question and I'm sorry to say I don't know how to check it. I did notice though that there is a hole in the controller area where there seems to supposed to be another SCSI type connector. Maybe they stripped the Fiery before shipping and its still set for it?

harry2007
04-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Fiery controller is positioned in rear side of the copier- a big metal box. There you will find the network holes 2 pcs, and a green button. on the opposite side of the box you will find a white power switch. On display in the left bottom will find a white small square(controller status)
BUT from what you say - I don't think you have fiery controller , your controller is a default Konicaminolta Emperon PCL and PostScript. Just install it on port TCP / IP-RAW and then printer driver .

cobiray
04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah, what he said. Large box on the bottom of the box. Also, there should be 2 external connections. One of them is a plug in connector with thumb screws and the other is a NIC to NIC cable. (I'm assuming it's a crossover, but I've never scrutinized it.)

If you type the ip address into your web browser it will bring up the embedded web page. If you see a Fiery icon on the left (I think) side, it has the Fiery controller.

tech51
04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Just a thought, does your machine have passwords set up? If it does and the password is not put in on the print driver it does exactly what you have described. Worth checking

Toner Boy
04-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the replies. Definitely not a Fiery. BUT I don't know how to check if it is configured for standard controller. My guess is that it is since I can get into the IP setup through the panel.
Maybe the NIC reset?
No passwords are set on the machine for copy access...but maybe print restrictions? I checked the web page for restricted IP addressess but all settings for that seem to be disabled.
I am stumped why this thing won't print with the most recent XP PCL6 driver from the KM website. Saw a previous post regarding using an older driver depending on the firmware version of the machine. That would seem to be an unlikely solution but I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Again, can ping it, can access the web page, just won't take print jobs.

tech51
04-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Youve got me going on this one!!! Here`s a couple of solutions that may help. I would try formatting the hard drive first.

Description
When sending a print job to the printer, it does not print, even though the printer can be PINGed and ports are available.
Solution
CAUSE: The HDD is corrupt.
SOLUTION: The following will correct the situation:
1. On the C450, press the Utility Counter button ; Select Admin ; enter the Admin password (usually 12345678) and select OK.
2. Security Setting ; HDD Setting ;HDD formating. A message will be displayed to confirm selection 'Are you Sure?'
3. Select the YES button. When complete, a message will be displayed to recycle the printer.

Description
Unable to print via the standard controller. Can PING and browse the NIC.
Solution
CAUSE: The memory is scrambled or corrupt.
SOLUTION: Perform a Data Clear by performing the following procedure:
1. Enter the Tech Rep Mode by pressing the Utility Key and then enter Stop 00, Stop 01.
2. Press System 1.
3. Press Initialization and then Data Clear.
Note: Prior to performing the Data Clear, export the address book. Upon completing the Data Clear reinstall the hard drive, the TCP/IP address and import
the address book.

Albonline
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
going from memory here so i could be wrong but git to tech rep mode . then controler settings, set to controler 0. that is built in controler.
some basic questions. does the unit reply to ping? will a web page display?is there a network button in admin mode?

harry2007
04-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Are you sure you know how to properly install a network printer? Sorry, but I think ...you not!
Enter on copier display in the Administrator mode: enter the code 12345678, network setting, tcp / ip setting. select TCP / IP select ON -wait 10 sec .Then,assign IP address and subnet mask for copier.
Now go to your computer.
Install printer (bizhub c450 PCL driver) for LPT1 port.
Create new TCP / IP port. In port name write IP above address ,leave next row .select then 'Minolta Network printer'-Finish.
Now in printer's propr.select this new created port TCP/IP , then APPLY.

Toner Boy
04-30-2009, 02:08 AM
OK, went to the machine this afternoon to try again. Went in to try and format the HDD per recommendation and... ! no hard drive installed.
I can tell this machine had a Fiery on it from the exhaust dust on the back panel and I believe the small open hole in the side is where the Fiery interface PWB used to reside.
I am thinking this is my issue, or is the HDD optional? Does the Emperon controller need the HDD to print?
I checked the controller option setup and it is indeed set to 0.

Toner Boy
04-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Been reading some other posts and got me thinking...from what I've read the fax memory is also stored in this drive as well as scanning addresses (which through web image monitor it shows none). When we tried to fax out, even though I've got a dial tone, the faxes go nowhere...just sit 'waiting'.
Another post said they found the drive showing 'not installed' even though it was there; then clicked 'install' and formatted it. I didn't see where to hit the install button but will look into it more.
PS: thanks for all your continued assistance.

redhawkpath
04-30-2009, 10:45 PM
You said that the copier used to have a fiery?

go into tech rep mode and make sure that the image controller is set to 0. if a fiery was installed this would be set to 1.

Also make sure that in admin mode, the restrict print is not enabled. Sometimes when you get a copier from a customer and they were using passwords, they forget to turn off the restrict print. when this is on the copier will take the print job and do nothing with it. you can look in the job settings and see it there.

Hope this helps

Toner Boy
05-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks Tech51 and others for the help.
Performin a data clear fixed the scrambled memory and printing works after resetting the IP address again. Nice to have this over with, although I'm a little concerned with the integrity of the HDD. Also had the op panel lock up intermittently and sometimes not display all of the available key tabs while trying to access administrator mode. Would only return to normal after power cycle with the main switch.

Custom Search