PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh v. Kyocera

Custom Search

gigicopier
04-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Hi there,

Im purchasing a new copies/scanner but would like to know which one is better Ricoh 2550 or Kyocera 3060?

Thanks! :)

Jungia
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi there,

Im purchasing a new copies/scanner but would like to know which one is better Ricoh 2550 or Kyocera 3060?

Thanks! :)

I sell both models in Australia and I believe that Kyocera is a better machine. The drum life is better and the operating costs are lower

pspahr
06-10-2009, 01:03 PM
In the end, Ricoh is the winner.

youngblood
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
well... in my opinion, the RICOH is the one to go with cause the customer rarely has to see a service tech other than when a PM is necc... i'm a technician that works on both machine brands and i have always reverted back to the ricoh's. you constantly have to see the kyocera's for lightness issues and jamming, leaking toner, etc... but with the ricoh's you can almost go by a schedule for service, i love them. just take it from a guy who works on both, you'll be much happier with a ricoh, kyocera parts break easily, especially if you have employee's that are kinda hard on the equipment when it jams. they'll break off the TC unit by closing the conveying door too hard, happens all the time...
hope this helps and get back to me if you have anymore questions

cameron webb
Desert Office Solutions

KopyKat
06-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Ricoh.

I love these kinds of threads..."Pepsi vs Coke" (No disrespect intended)
I'll have a Coke, please. :rolleyes:

OK...I'll lay off the Happy Pills for the rest of the day. ;)

cboucher
06-25-2009, 12:08 AM
I would go with Kyocera. If you want more evidence that Kyocera makes the better product, do a search in the Copier Technical Discussion forum for "Ricoh 2550" and then do one for "Kyocera 3060" and see which machine has more threads. Or just click here:
Copier Technical Discussion - Copytechnet.com (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/copier-technical-discussion/)
Compare the amount of threads in the Ricoh section to the Kyocera section.
I suppose you could argue that people are posting in the Ricoh section to say what great machines they are, but that is highly doubtful.

KopyKat
06-25-2009, 02:29 AM
I would go with Kyocera. If you want more evidence that Kyocera makes the better product, do a search in the Copier Technical Discussion forum for "Ricoh 2550" and then do one for "Kyocera 3060" and see which machine has more threads. Or just click here:
Copier Technical Discussion - Copytechnet.com (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/copier-technical-discussion/)
Compare the amount of threads in the Ricoh section to the Kyocera section.
I suppose you could argue that people are posting in the Ricoh section to say what great machines they are, but that is highly doubtful.

The number of threads only means that more Ricoh Technicians know how to use a computer and the internet. :D :p (gottcha!!)

cboucher
06-25-2009, 08:25 PM
The number of threads only means that more Ricoh Technicians know how to use a computer and the internet. :D :p (gottcha!!)

Knowing how to use the internet is by no means a measure of intelligence. You've seen some of the posts here...

Jimbo1
06-25-2009, 09:10 PM
I have worked on both lines and any of the mid volume Ricoh boxes are the biggest bunch of toner dusting pigs I have ever seen.

When I went to Kyocera I started working on the Falcon I-II seiries. I vacuumed out at least ten machines before the toner filter changes from white and that was only because I had to vac up a toner spill from a customer. Mostly paper dust in these.

Plus they don't have the idiotic toner recycling insanity that Ricoh uses which cause at least 20 percent of the service calls I responded to. Leading of course to reschedules for some arcane part.

KopyKat
06-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Knowing how to use the internet is by no means a measure of intelligence. You've seen some of the posts here...

LMAO!!! You got me there! We're even. :D

TonerMunkeh
06-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I've never seen any Kyo's in the field, however I've seen a shedload of 2550's. In most ways they are good machines, reliable and not prone to silly faults. However, you have to be extremely careful how you treat them, sensors can be knocked out of place, parts broken really easily. I tell customers to treat them kindly!

Dr.silver
10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I have worked on both and still do. I really like the Kyocera Model's better. The Ricoh are service heavy with the Kyocera the service is pre made for you. Like the drums and developer units come in a box you remove the old ones and you put the new ones in. The Richo's on the other hand you have to rebuild everything peice by peice. For me as a Tech the Kyocera is cleaner and less service is need. Also the parts last longer.

Kyocera is my pick. :D

davidthecopierking
11-06-2009, 05:58 AM
kyocera by a mile.

Custom Search