PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 200 B/W copier

Custom Search

Sly Melson
04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
1/4 inch black line on copy, change drum and blade did not repair the problem, look at the develop unit, the black line is coming from the mag roller, can anyone have any ideals.

thank.

brent
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
is your mylar torn>? how about the doctor blade, did you have it out or apart? and are you sure it is coming from the developer unit? back to something more simple. are you running copies from the glass and it is leaving a line. or are you running copies from the adf? do you have any samples?

brent

fixthecopier
05-01-2009, 12:02 AM
One of the things brent said was to see if the line is there when you lay the paper on the glass. If here is no line when you do it , then the slit glass that is used when you use the document feeder has a spot on it. It is a very common call.

brent
05-01-2009, 01:06 AM
hey fix.. that would almost be too easy wouldn't it? I do have lots of customers that love to run a original with wet white out in the adf. and then they wonder why there is a line on the copy while using the doc feeder. I wonder if that is the real problem with this copier. it is kind of hard to see what he is talking about when we can't physically see the copier.
I do think that we can help him. this isn't that hard of a problem

brent

fixthecopier
05-01-2009, 02:24 AM
The only reason I pushed that one was I suspect the post is from an end user and I do that as a call at least once a week. As a matter of fact, it was my last call of the day.

brent
05-01-2009, 04:38 AM
maybee sly is an end user. I have re read the original post and he said that the drum and blade were replaced, I just assumed he was a tech and was out of options. kind of a bumber if the drum unit was newer and didn't need to be replaced. also to take it one step further changing the drum unit out and not replacing the developer at the same time could be interesting. I kind of forget that this forum gets end users asking technical questions as well. I think the most service calls in one week with junk either white out or pen markings on the slit glass was 4 times in a week. fun fun

brent

redime
05-01-2009, 12:34 PM
How many copies on the box?

When you clean the DV off the mag roller - is the mag roller a different color where the stripe is showing up? If so... replace the DV unit.

The spacing of the mag roller is an issue with these machines, alot of times what happens is one of the sides - the bushing wears down and ends up kissing the drum unit, causing wear on the drum. DV units typically only last 3 drum/dv changes in my experience.

mo0651
05-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Does your black line run from front of copier to the back of the copier as the paper passes, or lead to trail edge? From the description I'm betting front to back. We've seen alot of these within about 15k copies after a PM. The guide rollers get locked up and flat spots worn on them. The lock for a split second causing the gray 1/4 inch line. New Drum, New Developer Unit and New developer. Don't know what got changed between Di series and Bizhub to cause this.:cool:

fixthecopier
05-01-2009, 11:09 PM
How many copies on the box?

When you clean the DV off the mag roller - is the mag roller a different color where the stripe is showing up? If so... replace the DV unit.

The spacing of the mag roller is an issue with these machines, alot of times what happens is one of the sides - the bushing wears down and ends up kissing the drum unit, causing wear on the drum. DV units typically only last 3 drum/dv changes in my experience.

I am glad you brought that up. I had 2 of those dv boxes do that in the past two weeks. One of them I had just put a drum in and had to eat it . It pays to look hard at the mag roller when you change a drum.

Custom Search