PDA

View Full Version : scan to smb question..

Custom Search

brent
05-03-2009, 05:11 AM
I have set up a shared file on my pc. i am running windows vista . and the instructions tell me to go the the mfp and hit the scan button. then direct imput. then scan to smb button. it simply is not there. I actually have an instruction sheet from my dsm. but the information is not correct. I am doing this as an exersize to get better at it. this is a brand new bizhub 200 that is in our shop. I have read some of your posts on scanning and I feel you guy's have the missing link. again. scan to smb. the machine has no hdd. and no fax unit for ip scanning. just plane jane scanning. thanks for your help in advance

brent frank

Mr Spock
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
We just spent a week on this ourselves. You need the extra memory before it will scan. It is not in the documentation that this is required for scanning and it is only needed for this model. I think the hard drive is also needed but I do not have the email at this time on the issue. I know if it is not needed then it is recommended, but with out the memory upgrade it will not do it all....

brent
05-03-2009, 03:55 PM
We just spent a week on this ourselves. You need the extra memory before it will scan. It is not in the documentation that this is required for scanning and it is only needed for this model. I think the hard drive is also needed but I do not have the email at this time on the issue. I know if it is not needed then it is recommended, but with out the memory upgrade it will not do it all....
humm. from my documentation it does not require a hdd. but the memory is intersting. if you have any info that would be great. I was told these will print scan and copy right out of the box. was I being fibbed to?

I don't doubt I need extra memory. just something in writing icould look at would be great. thanks

brent

blackcat4866
05-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Does this function need to be enabled in the service mode, or in the web interface? Kyocera products can be enabled either in simulation 512 or the radio button on the web interface. Also on some products, not all the scanning options can be used concurrently. On some Kyoceras, scan to SMB & FTP are not available if Enterprise mode is enabled. Confusing, and sometimes exasperating.

The memory suggestion is also a good possibility.

Sorry. I don't know the specifics of Konica Minolta...
I hope this helps. =^..^=

TheOwl
05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Just a quick thought on the HDD with your scanning.

I know that on the older models of Konica Minolta you required a HDD installed in the machine so that you could scan a multi page document. If you didn't have the HDD, the machine would create a file per page.

This had something to do with machine requiring storage space to stitch all of the scans together before pushing out a single file.

Wasfil
05-04-2009, 07:39 AM
try to check Firmware Version, If Your Firmware is V.10. Please Upgrade the Firmware to V. 20 or 30. Because for C200, almost the version is V.10. So we must to Upgrade to. V.20 or 30. For Upgrade please contact your technician
"Just. Info"
You canot find Scan SMB or FTP menu if your version is V.10

barratec
05-04-2009, 08:00 AM
It's a problem of firmware version. Upgrade it to last version both MAIN FIRMWARE and ENGINE FIRMWARE.

Mr Spock
05-04-2009, 11:16 AM
humm. from my documentation it does not require a hdd. but the memory is intersting. if you have any info that would be great. I was told these will print scan and copy right out of the box. was I being fibbed to?

I don't doubt I need extra memory. just something in writing icould look at would be great. thanks

brent

They still have not put a note on the website about this yet. We called the tech support line and they informed us of this requirement. The sales rep was mad about it as well since it affected their commission check!
I believe the other copiers in this family do not need the memory but the 200 does.

ni311
05-04-2009, 04:10 PM
It's a problem of firmware version. Upgrade it to last version both MAIN FIRMWARE and ENGINE FIRMWARE.

From what I know, the new machines that just came cannot scan at all without the firmware update. My advise is to try the firmware update first, it's much cheaper...

brent
05-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I am sitting at version 62 right now. but check this out. I also have a bizhub 350 new sitting here in my shop. when I access the scan screen I still cannot get to the smb button. let me scan this 3 page doc here and you all can take a look. it is from my dsm. and you can see what I am talking about. I have the desktop set up as a shared folder. just when Igo to to the mfp and try to direct imput either the 350 or 200 that screen is not there.

brent

brent
05-04-2009, 06:21 PM
hopefully this comes through.

brent

munno
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
From what you have said, and a qiuck look at your instructions no wonder you are confused. You have to create a scan button first, Bye logging onto the MFP through IE, just click on the scan tab and create a one touch button.

DocuSystems
05-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I've setup scan to SMB many times on the Bizhub 200, 250, & 350. All three support multi-page PDF or TIFF scanning to SMB directly out of the box with no extras necessary. Of course there will be a page limitation depending on the DPI you have selected, but I can get 10 pages at 200X200 to go just fine.
Checking our "in shop" 350, I see that Direct Input will not do what you need. You will have to setup a one touch for scan to SMB. The web interface is the easiest way.
Also, I have had problems with scanning to Vista. It's best to setup the share using the advanced sharing options under the folder's properties. Then you can name the share exactly what you like.
I'd recommend trying to learn SMB Scanning using an XP box first if possible.

brent
05-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I appreciate your imput guy's. I got an e mail back from minolta and they also said it would scan with no additional memory or hdd. I have a 200 in shop I am working with. I am getting close. thanks

brent

KonicaNet
05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
The 200-250- 350 can all scan without extra memory or HD. The HD allows you to scan more than abuot 10-12 8.5x11 pages before getting a type of out-of-memory error.

You have to make the SMB scan button on the copier. On Vista, you will have security problems right off the bat. Create a new folder on the C: driver like c:\Scans. If it tells you that you do not have permissions then you must remedy this by right clicking on the C drive in My Computer and adding yourself as Full Controll under Security for the C drive. You are NOT an Administrator as you were in XP, just a user.

Right click on your new share, and change the Sharing and Security to include Everyone and set them to Full Controll (read write modify create, etc.).

If you type the copiers IP address into your web browser, you can then go to the copiers web interface, click the FAX/SCAN button (doesn't look like a button, but it is), scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 1st box - on the 3 dashed lines (they are links), follow the screens.

Make your scan folder name simple "Scans". You might also want to create a new local user call "Scans" and a password of "Scans" on Vista, just to get things working.

Your firmware is REALLY out of date in the USA, you should be on 80 or 88.

When it asks you for a Host Name or IP address, go to a Command Prompt on your computer and type IPCONFIG. Type in your IP address (4 numbers with periods). Get it working with your IP address, and then after everything is working, change it to use your Host Name. Right click on My Computer, Properties, ComputerName - highlight with your mouse the computer name up to, but not including the periood, right click on the highlighted text and select Copy. Paste or type this name into the Host Name box. I believe the BH 200 has a radio button (on the web page) you have to click on to tell it that you are entering a Host Name and not an IP address.

Hope this helps.

Ditzah
06-03-2009, 06:31 AM
If you type the copiers IP address into your web browser, you can then go to the copiers web interface, click the FAX/SCAN button (doesn't look like a button, but it is), scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 1st box - on the 3 dashed lines (they are links), follow the screens.

I have the same missing scan-to-SMB problem, but I also have problems making it appear. If I type the copier's IP address, I get what you see attached.
Nothing.
I have a brand-new C200.

DocuSystems
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I suppose the first thing I would check is if SMB Scanning is enabled in the Administrator Mode Network Settings.

brent
06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I suppose the first thing I would check is if SMB Scanning is enabled in the Administrator Mode Network Settings.
I just went into administrator mode net setting and did not see anywhere that I could enable. did I miss it? there are 2 columns there b ut no smb

thanks

brent

DocuSystems
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Use the Assistant tool on the C200 by typing the IP address for the machine into the address bar in the web browser.
Select the network tab
Select SMB from the left pane
There you will see the setting for enabling SMB Scanning. It's out lined in the bizhubC200UserGuideNetworkAdmin.pdf available on the KMBT website. Should also have been included on the User's Guide CDROM which came with the machine. There is also a software switch setting in the service mode in the event that this doesn't take care of it, you may want to check that as well.

brent
06-03-2009, 11:15 PM
this whole thread is about a B 200 not a c 200 it is different. as I can't find the enable smb

brent

DocuSystems
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Perhaps the C200 poster should start a new thread?:)

KonicaNet
06-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Right bizhub 200, but the c200 will require a firmware update, and even then I do not recall if it can do SMB scanning. The machine was EXTREMELY limited when released and did not have plans for updating it's abilities, however they did increase the network capabilities with a firmware update that came out in the US a couple of months ago.

Hope this helps.

delhi_ngg_rhc
06-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I have set up a shared file on my pc. i am running windows vista . and the instructions tell me to go the the mfp and hit the scan button. then direct imput. then scan to smb button. it simply is not there. I actually have an instruction sheet from my dsm. but the information is not correct. I am doing this as an exersize to get better at it. this is a brand new bizhub 200 that is in our shop. I have read some of your posts on scanning and I feel you guy's have the missing link. again. scan to smb. the machine has no hdd. and no fax unit for ip scanning. just plane jane scanning. thanks for your help in advance

brent frank

this need the setup of smb scan throw the machine
1 -setup ip and ping
2- go utiliy menu -} megm } 00000000 } admin 1/2
one touch email } select one touch
give the name } select SMB} ip destination pc} directory ( share file me pc)
} user name ( user pc desti.) } pass word user pc } complet by enter / enter

3- select the scan from the macine select one touch scan destination press start now m/c send scan.

i hope this will enough
thanks

dellt
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
If smb option doest show on settings than you have to update the firmware of the copy machine its a fw bug .

Custom Search