PDA

View Full Version : Scan to Email

Custom Search

darkmaster
05-03-2009, 05:15 AM
How to use scan to Email function by DI251 and what should i prepare before using it, thank you.

TheOwl
05-03-2009, 11:42 PM
You need an option (can't remember what the option is called) for the Pi3502e before you can scan.

If you all ready have that, then you will need to go into the web interface of the copier, logon as the administrator and then enter in the SMTP details in the Network area.

Please bear in mind that these machines aren't capable of SMTP or POP authentication, so if your mail server requires this, then your machine won't be able to use the 'Scan to Email' function.

darkmaster
05-04-2009, 02:03 PM
You need an option (can't remember what the option is called) for the Pi3502e before you can scan.

If you all ready have that, then you will need to go into the web interface of the copier, logon as the administrator and then enter in the SMTP details in the Network area.

Please bear in mind that these machines aren't capable of SMTP or POP authentication, so if your mail server requires this, then your machine won't be able to use the 'Scan to Email' function.

Can you show some example for me to understand your idea? Thank you.

TheOwl
05-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Login into the web interface by typing the copiers IP address into a web browser. You will see everything in there.

time2fly
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
You need a scan card installed in the print controller. When you take the cover off the print controller, on the bottom side of the circuit board your looking at at one end of it there will be a slot with or without a card in it. No card no scan.

Hansoon
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3228/pi3502.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pi3502.jpg)

The indicated card carries the firmware for the controller. If not marked SCAN/PS UPGRADE its only for PCL printing not for scanning and/or Postscript printing. The card is hidden under the board and normally barely visible therefore its pulled out halway for better vision.
For scanning it needs also the additional memory as seen in the picture.

Hans

time2fly
05-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Nice picture excellent example.

Custom Search