PDA

View Full Version : fn 105 jamming

Custom Search

brent
05-03-2009, 05:17 AM
these finishers work great when they work. but this one jams. let me build the scenario for ya'll. the single copy works. multiple copy works from top and bottom finisher trays. only when you staple it actaully get flubbed up and jams. I have read the manual and was confused at what the manual said happened in the staple/hold section, as it is so fast. is it m3 or ? anyways this finisher is on the di 450 and would really appreciate any imput. I have several of these finishers that are spares but would like a head start at what part needs to be replaced. if there were clutches in there I would think it was some sort of registration clutch.

anyways thanks for your time

brent

minimerlin
05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I think the most likely problem is that the paddles that pull the copies back into the stapler position are worn. One is on a single shaft at the exit and there is another shaft with multipse paddles further in. This shaft also has a clutch which gets gummed up. Also the stapler can get stuck on its runners.

brent
05-03-2009, 03:43 PM
the paddles are definitly working. but as you said might be worn out. I will start at that section. clean them and the clutch. thanks

brent

minimerlin
05-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I normally find that the grey paddles have the tips worn off and have gone limp as well...I would just replace them!

Hansoon
05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Had one doing this first copies in the morning (jam in the finisher NOT the copier) tried everything usual but no improvement. Since I had a bunch of those finishers in stock I just replaced it. Too complicated to trouble shoot on site and beginning to become too outdated to put much efforts in it.

Hans

Hansoon
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
For some reason I cannot edit my posts, wanted to add something:

I hate the solution I mentioned above, exchanging equipment without knowing the clue, but there are situations you have to satisfy the customer by any means. (Yes, I'm an Indy :) )

Hans

brent
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
kind of a update. today I am working on it as we speek. and here is what I notice. if I do like 2 originals it will sort/staple just fine. unlimited sets I just tried it. if I put in like 4 or 5 originals it will get stuck like a pig. finisher jam. I almost think it is logic. becuase here is what it does. after I take all the jams out and TRY to reset it. it will not reset. I must turn the main power off. the damn thing is so fast it is hard to catch it in a jam. but you can see that the paper is going backwords in the little catch tray with the flappers. but it sticks another piece of paper out and catches. I hope this machine doesn't fall over accidently//////

brent

Custom Search