PDA

View Full Version : Cf9001 fuser unit hassles

Custom Search

BUSHWACKER
05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Greetings from South Africa

I have a problem with the fuser section.
I have checked the locating gears, Have manually turned fuser unit rollers
removed back panel checked gears all seems in order
When making a copy everything seems ok until the paper hits the fuser unit - does not enter the unit - its almost as though the rollers are not turning
Are there any sensors that maybee causing this or does anyone have any suggestions. I cant seem to find anything

Further to reply the fuser rollers dont seem to turn while the paper is on its path through the machine.
The paper comes off the transfer unit and just stops because the fuser rollers are not turning

The rollers are not tight and turn easily if done manually?????????????

Thanx
Regards
Bushwacker (D:confused:urban)

mrwho
05-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Greetings from South Africa

I have a problem with the fuser section.
I have checked the locating gears, Have manually turned fuser unit rollers
removed back panel checked gears all seems in order
When making a copy everything seems ok until the paper hits the fuser unit - does not enter the unit - its almost as though the rollers are not turning
Are there any sensors that maybee causing this or does anyone have any suggestions. I cant seem to find anything

You can see whether the fuser is getting movement by operating the machine with the front door open and checking if the fuser knob turns.

What jam code are you getting? Does the paper separates from the transfer roller?

I haven't seen one of those for a long time, and I don't miss it. Great machine quality-wise, but a pain in the arse when it needed to be serviced.

kmcopier
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Check your fusing drive assy on the rear of the machine there is a gear with an pin in it and that is worn out.

Custom Search