PDA

View Full Version : 920 with fs602, j72-24

Custom Search

brian155
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I have a 920 that do a large amount of A3 booklets through there fs-604. the jams are intermittent and follow no pattern. I have tried the special acho firmwear fited all rollers and bearings in the feed path. The jam seems to curl front edge as it enters the stacker unit and fowls going into the guide.Any ideas would be greatful as i am at a loss to what may be causing this jam?

tervel12
05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
The folding passage sensor (PS26)
does not turn ON after stapling is completed.
(FS-604 only)

See the attached pdf for the location of the sensor.

The sensor may be bad, blocked, dirty, or anything else. Clean and/or replace the sensor. It is a very common sensor (part # 08AA85512) and you could try switching it with one that you know works if you dont have a spare.

Good luck,

tervel12

vze4xmc4
05-06-2009, 12:45 AM
I have a 920 that do a large amount of A3 booklets through there fs-604. the jams are intermittent and follow no pattern. I have tried the special acho firmwear fited all rollers and bearings in the feed path. The jam seems to curl front edge as it enters the stacker unit and fowls going into the guide.Any ideas would be greatful as i am at a loss to what may be causing this jam?

Check conveyance guide plate # 8 the rear portion tends to get burs from the edges of the paper I replace one about every 400K. It's a little tricky to remove and reinstall the new one.The rear cover of the finisher has to be removed and the stacker has to extend all the way out be careful of the finisher tipping over because all the weight shifts to the front with the stacker extended. Good luck

masterteknicion
05-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Depending on the paper, you may want to lower the temperature on the fusing rollers in the ss settings to prevent the paper from curling. If you go too low the toner will come off the paper.

minimerlin
05-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Have a quick look at the large guide that is above the stacker unit, the one that swings away to the left, I find that it gets a rough ridge cut into front area which may be causing the curl!

mv4
05-07-2009, 06:25 AM
I agree with Tervel, check out PS26. I have just fixed a similar problem by cleaning the actuator that cuts the sensor, it had a film build up and every now and then wouldnt register.

brian155
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
thanks for your suggestions, the whole stacker unit was replaced to get the engine up and running. i will let you know what is the cause as soon as i locate it .

Custom Search