PDA

View Full Version : C451/IT45C4 Fiery

Custom Search

copy guy
05-06-2009, 07:07 PM
This Fiery is on a NEC IT 45C4. The problem is when they save a master file under Freeform. If they save it in location 3 it will not print. And if they try to delete it or print it, they loose the network connection to the Fiery. Tech support said I need to reload the Fiery OS. I tried, 15 times with a failure each time. Tech support said I may need to try 30 times and it could work on the 31 try. That sounds wrong to me. If anyone has successfuly reloaded the Fiery OS, please tell me your secret. I used the disk from NEC, 2 different crossover cables, service switches on. Please help. And please don't tell me they shouldn't save it in location 3, since any other location works. That answer is unexceptable with the customer.-------------------------------------------
Good luck and may the schwartz be with me.

DallasTech
05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I reloaded the fiery OS on an OKI CX3641 the other day and it worked the first time. Reloading the software 31 times? I've never heard of that. It either works when you reload the software or it doesn't.

Is there anyway to talk to Fiery directly? If not, I would tell tech support the unit is defective and have them send another one.

Specilist KVN
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a bad HArd Drive to me.

KonicaNet
05-17-2009, 01:21 AM
31 times - LOL Well, like the previous post says - it could be a bad HD. I suspect that if they told you to try it 31 times that it is a memory timming issue or their update process has a timming issue.

For the fun of it, set the network time to a really high setting, you could be disconnected if the fiery cannot take the load fast enough from your laptop.

Have you tried the USB stick update? You write the software to a usb stick and update the fiery from it. The software to do this is in the download area.

You might also try going into the fiery's bios and seeing if you can slow down the memory timming or load safe defaults. Just a guess that it might be available. You will need to monitor the fiery using a Terminal program like Terra Term or Windows Hyper Terminal. I have not tried this at all on this specific fiery though.

Also, make sure the copier and fiery are not going into sleep or low powermode.

Umm, did you unplug the Ethernet cable between the copier and fiery? Are you plugged into the correct Ethernet port on the fiery?

Hope this helps.

Custom Search