PDA

View Full Version : KM bizhub PRO C6500 C-4520 error 2

Custom Search

drodas78
05-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi, I have a PRO C6500 I'm sending the last two prints I got. The machine gave the C-4520 error and when I conduct the Color Registration Adjustment I got the error 2. Long history short I have problems with this machine 2 weeks ago first the charging corona black reached the 120% of usage and has not been changed on time. The machine was printing gray scale and it make 3 pages with full black and many of the black developer was out of the developing unit. I put new charging coronas and black developer, and the machine works well a little time then I got the C-4520 error and I conducted the Color Registration Adjustment it works well again but after 1 - 2 thousand prints the machine start making a strange noise near the drums units and gave me the C-4520 error I changed the black drum because it was @ 98% after that I run the Color Registration Adjustment again and I only got error 2, I run then the Toner Init Density and Auto Gamma but error 2 persist. I also noted this piece of metal that you can see in the picture dropped in the floor. I'm desperately needing a good advice, or a good technician willing to travel to my country. Guatemala. It can be done in week ends if needed, and of course, I will cover all the expenses. Flight, hotel, all and of course the fee. If anyone thinks it's not so complicated please let me know what can I try I have very little knowledge in this kind of machines.

Warmest regards.

lucky13
05-07-2009, 03:37 AM
look at the top of your image transfer belt unit ill bet the bering popped out ,seen this happen before look at bearing # 2 in PDF

mrwho
05-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes, it seems to the that metal piece you found on the floor came from the transfer belt unit and that could be causing most of your problems. Check all your bearings as Lucky said, because if the belt is not properly stretched, the machine will have trouble alligning the colors.

drodas78
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi, thanks for the help. I went to clean the machine and to check where the C clip belongs. But when reinstalling the transfer belt I noticed that the Driving Roller Assy was broken. You can see it in the picture. The C clip that was in the floor belongs to it. I ordered the spare but I'm going to have it by Thursday or Fryday. I'm sending the pics because it's very rare to me that it was broken. It seems like broken by torsion. So I'm wondering if I need to check something else before install the transfer belt again? Some one else have had the same problem before?

Regards.

mrwho
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

Such a thing never happened to me! How many prints does that machine have???

random
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
This has happened to me before. Each time the machine has done over 1 million prints.

texchar555
05-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I had the same thing happened to me. Im at a call right now with the same issue, but this one was a 1 mill the other was at 3.4 mill. called konica and they are looking into it.

drodas78
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
It has 105K total and 65K in color. This is not even closer to a million.

Marsh2
05-12-2009, 05:13 AM
I have had this problem on more than one C500/8050 but never C6500 but i replaced the roller, bearings and plastic outer sleeve on the others and never had it return so hopefully yours will be the same.

WaveyDavey
05-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I have one on my desk the same. Persoanlly thought that the one I have got damaged slightly by an over enthusiastic field tech but listening to this list I guess its common place.

Bizhub
05-14-2009, 09:00 PM
We have had two machines do this one C6500 at 340k and another at 600k I think where the cut out for the C-Clip is weakens the roller shaft. Just another weak spot on a blade flipping machine

random
05-15-2009, 10:38 PM
ahhhh blade flips, those were the days.

mrwho
05-15-2009, 11:06 PM
ahhhh blade flips, those were the days.

You tell me! :D

kmcopier
05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
The blade flipping is solved, for the shaft from the transfer belt , take a look at the troubleshooting guide from KM.

pudgi300
05-19-2009, 03:11 AM
I have had 3 of these go bad. Have to cleanup all the shaft shavings inside the belt area.. I make a little bracket and connect it to the bracket screw to act as a retainer. This locks the bearing and have not had any more problems.

Custom Search