PDA

View Full Version : $0.0016 per page copy/print cost

Custom Search

rstarck
05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Has anyone done the research to determine if it's possible to buy really cheap ink (fountain pen ink or cheap inkjet ink) for inkjet printing so the cost can be equivalent to my current EP5000 copier costs in which i recently printed about 10,000 pages on 1 toner cartridge which i bought for $16 on ebay? Ignoring maintenance costs for the moment, the cost per page for my copier breaks down to 0.16 cents per page (or $0.0016 per page). I don't need high quality printouts and i don't need high quality paper. I just want to print out between 16,000 and 100,000 pages a month with 5-15 unique originals. How about the CFS (continuous flow systems) adapted inkjet printers i recently discovered exist? I know this topic gets a little more complicated if i compare the total cost per page since the upfront cost to purchase a copier or printer needs to be added in as well as the ongoing maintenance costs but for the very momemnt, barring upfront and maintenance costs, i just wanted to see if it's feasible that buying gallons of the cheapest inkjet ink on this planet could compete with the $16 toner that my copier gave me 10,000 printouts/copies from.

davidj7
07-21-2009, 03:58 AM
I use CFS on HP DesignJet 500 prints as good as original HP ink.

Custom Search