PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451 can not scan to Box

Custom Search

KenD64
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I have a Bizhub C451. I scan to box but I can not retrieve it from the box using the Box Operator Utility.

I can go to the box on the copier and view print and send the file but no luck with the box operator
:confused:

copytechman
05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Firmware up to date? My current version is R5.

Regards!
A.

buster68
05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
are you scanning to the public user box, or a box you created? Public user is just for storage and reprint from the MFP. To scan to box for retrieval with Box Operator, you need to create a box in the hdd.

KenD64
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Firmware latest and greatest.
I Created seeral User Boxes, all of which I attempt to scan to. They scan but I can not retrieve the scanned files through box operator utility.
I also have noticed that the BOX tab does not appear in the web interface.

copytechman
05-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Harddrive on it's way out maybe? I'd backup all of your one touches etc and then maybe do a logical format of the hdd.. At least thats somewhere to start, i've not seen one of those where the box tab wasnt available via the web interface.

Regards!
A.

KenD64
05-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I just installed a new HDD. It was doing the same thing before and it was recommended that I change the HDD.
Still doing the same

copytechman
05-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Try this:
Subject:
Boxes are not listed when using PageScope Box Operator version 3.1.01. Box Tab is missing when browsing out to the PageScope Web Connection page.
Description:
Boxes are not listed.
Solution:
CAUSE: Network Function Usage is set to Not Allow.

SOLUTION: Follow these procedures to change the Network Function Usage:
1. Enter Admin Mode.
2. Select Security.
3. Select Function Management.
4. Select Network Function Usage.
5. Change setting to On.
6. Exit Admin mode and cycle the machine power.

KenD64
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
I followed the instructions, I had seen that in the service manual but it said do it in the service mod and I could not find it.
however, now I do not have access to the Network settings or to the Security setting under the admin mode.

can not print or anything

copytechman
05-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Well then, jeez... you could try an data clear.. in service mode,
system 1, initialization, data clear.
Please note if you do this you'll reset everything, you'll have to turn the hdd back on in serv mode, turn on any options turned off, reset the fax marketing area etc, reprogram the machine in a general kind of way, ip address etc etc etc. This won't reset the counters or anything.

regards!
A.

KenD64
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
OK, I did that and I still do not have the 5. network or the 9. Security under the administrator tab. I had to reset all the settings but it did not bring back my network do younow if there is a NIC reset on this machine I can not find it in the service manual

copytechman
05-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Got it, at least to replicate it.
Service mode-> stop 0 clear, administrator unlocking, press start
recheck settings, it turned them on and allowed me into security (after I turned it off via the instructions I sent u)

turned it back on and rebooted.
all modes accessible.

Let us know!
A.

copytechman
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Security and network were unavailable on reboot until the nic finished starting up and then net and sec showed up.. so try that and turn the function back on! Please let us know!
Thx!
A.

copytechman
05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Further investigation (if thats a no go) indicates a possible nvram or mfp board failure of some sore, have u tried reflashing the machine's firmware, or using the nvram recovery procedure (cf flash method)?

Regards.
A.

KenD64
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
OK after doing the memory clear I had to wait and leave the copier sit for almost 20 minutes and then the nic came up now I can scan to user box, it all shows up like it is supposed to.

Thanks CopyTechMan

copytechman
05-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Glad it worked for you, no prob, your very welcome.
Regards!
A.

Custom Search