PDA

View Full Version : SRDF-1

Custom Search

tcypy1961
05-07-2009, 07:56 PM
The SRDF-1 starts to pull the paper in but doesn't continue. The best way I can describe this is that it seems like trying to start a car that just keeps turning over but doesn't start. It is kind of like it is hesitating to go into the feeder to the glass. Lead end rollers take it in, however the upper and limit rollers is where it seems to hang up in. Upper and limit rollers are new rollers. Any help appreciated, thank you.

LNorris
05-07-2009, 08:53 PM
thats on the 2030 correct?

if so, check the solenoid that lifts and lowers on the back side. take the solenoid out and clean the plunger with alcohol.

tcypy1961
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes the feeder does go to a 2030, sorry I didn't post it before. The solenoid that you are speaking of is on the back side of the document feeder correct? I did clean the solenoid as you suggested, however I don't see what role this solenoid plays in my problem, and the problem is still there. Is there any other possibe causes that you know of that could be the culprit if so thank you for your help.

LNorris
05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
if the leading feed is not getting enough tension to push it to the pulleys it has a hard time. i fought this thing for a while. i cleaned the solenoid piston, (make sure that lever is correctly inserted). make sure all the bushings are freed up.

thats all thats coming to my head right now.

tcypy1961
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Are you saying that this solenoid lifts the originals up to the primary pf pulleys??? If so you maybe thinking of a different adf. This is an SRDF 1 the primary pf pulleys come down on the originals. I'm wondering if the problem is with the separation pulley hub??? If I apply pressure to the originals they will feed in till the last original then the pf clutch turns both ways several times till either the original makes it to a certain point and feeds in or times out and misfeeds. I believe the KM 2030 has several at least two different feeders that can be used.
Thanks!!!

aodtech
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Does it seem like it's struggling to pull paper through? Like it making a whining noise that is rapid. Try taking apart the clutch that is on the rear side that drives the feed rollers. Clean the plates and everything inside and make sure that it's dry when you put it back together. I found this on an SRDF-1, but this also works on an SRDF-2.

tcypy1961
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Already did that, Thanks!!!

jasonimage
05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Ive had these do the same thing and its normaly a switch getting stuck or not reading correct.Some of those switches look in place but may be broken.

copy guy
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
We've had good luck with all of our SRDF-1's, but we replace the shafts on the pick up and feed rollers. The 1 ways do put wear on the shafts. Also, we've had issues with the 1-way mounted on the back, behind the drive motor. I can get you P/N's if you need them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck and may the schwartz be with you.:cool:

Claudio
05-28-2009, 12:15 AM
I agree with Copy Guy :
We also replace the shafts together with the 1-way feed and take-up rollers.

Wile E. Coyote
06-30-2009, 09:41 PM
could be the left hinge. Try pushing down on the left side of the feeder when feeding an original, if it goes through no problem, replace the hinge. not easy !

Wile E. Coyote
06-30-2009, 09:47 PM
could be the left hinge is bad. try pushing the top left side of the feeder down while feeding an original through- if it feeds okay, replace the hinge. Not easy!

Custom Search