PDA

View Full Version : C6500p with IC304 inconsistant day to day color problem

Custom Search

Sean486
05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
I have a customer with a C6500p and a IC304. They calibrate everyday and before every job on the target stock. The prints look good, but the problem is that the color is changing day to day.

They calibrate and run a sample, then the very next day when the job is approved they calibrate then go to run it out but the color is now different than the proof and they have to run curve adjustment to make it closer. But even with the curves we can't completely get the color to match the original.

I have many other customers with C6500s some Fiery's and some Creos, but none of them are having this issue. In fact the C6500 has been very consistant and repeatable in all the other accounts. All I can figure is that there is something wrong with the machine or possibly there is something wrong with the DTP-34 Denistomer, but I really don't know where to go from here. :confused::confused:

random
05-08-2009, 06:08 AM
This is a c6500p so I guess it has no scanner? I wonder how you would do a gamma sensor calibration with this machine? This procedure is good at keeping the machine consistent.

Also check that media defined profile is off and that when they calibrate they select apply to all sets. Other wise they could print to a different stock at anytime and get a completely different result.

Sean486
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
No, no scanner and they are very good with calibration.

Custom Search