PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C450/351

Custom Search

Vesigoth
05-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I have a customer that likes to run 11” x 17” 28 lbs. glossy paper, double sided to make her brochures and the machine miss feeds consistently when using this stock. She has no problem running 11” x 17” 20 lbs. bond paper double sided. Before I run to replace the feed rollers on them I’d like to know if these machines are even capable of running this type of stock. If you know please help me out. Thanks.:)

minimerlin
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I have a customer that likes to run 11” x 17” 28 lbs. glossy paper, double sided to make her brochures and the machine miss feeds consistently when using this stock. She has no problem running 11” x 17” 20 lbs. bond paper double sided. Before I run to replace the feed rollers on them I’d like to know if these machines are even capable of running this type of stock. If you know please help me out. Thanks.:)
The words Glossy Paper are the give away!! The feed tyres will slip on....not feed this stock. It may work from the bypass but I doubt it, the machine is not designed for the paper stock.:(

brent
05-08-2009, 10:07 PM
there is no doubt that a glossy papper makes a nicer looking copy BUT I have a customer that was using 11 by 17 28lb high gloss very expensive double sided paper. and we have had nothing but problems with it. they said "this is why we bought the machine" but the reality is. that it will just slip on the paper. yes you may be able to get a few out. but in my opinion this machine was not made to run double sided glossy. we swapped the paper back to a nice paper and it runs great now.

brent

dogsbody
05-09-2009, 02:09 PM
there is no doubt that a glossy papper makes a nicer looking copy BUT I have a customer that was using 11 by 17 28lb high gloss very expensive double sided paper. and we have had nothing but problems with it. they said "this is why we bought the machine" but the reality is. that it will just slip on the paper. yes you may be able to get a few out. but in my opinion this machine was not made to run double sided glossy. we swapped the paper back to a nice paper and it runs great now.

brent

I agree, people forget that this is an office machine, designed for office colour, not a light production machine.

Cheers.

ni311
05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
The case it is the same with C550/C650. They say it is working on almost same paper as C6500, but if you'll try, jamming is all you get... and angry customers...
I hope C552 has much better takeup assy, at least this is what KM says.

mo0651
05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Beg to differ on last post, but we have c550s that a print shop is using and they run everything thru it. Almost plywood. We have customers using glossy paper on c450s and we must keep feed tires clean. And we clean the registration/ synch roller. Yes the glossy slips a lot but 600k is alot of copies and most were marketing brochures. Working OK for us.:cool:

bungapads
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
We operate and service the C550 and have no problems with running all types of paper. We have found that properly fanning glossy paper will prevent pick up failure.

Also, does any one know where to get a manual for the EFI IC-409 fiery controller. We have a repair issue where the system says that to "power on controller" yet we cannot connect to the unit via ip address or through control panel. Everything we do does not work.

bungapads
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Tyring having customer properly fan the paper before running job. Seems to work.

ni311
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
If everything goes ok with C550 takeup assy on any type of paper, why Konica Minolta changed the take up assy at the new machines?

Custom Search