PDA

View Full Version : Toner Usage

Custom Search

bserbet
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi! I have a Bizhub C350 in my office since June 2005, the copier is about 4 years old and the counter is 143.000, I think it is not so much for this copier.

From the first day I am recording the page number of toner changes. For the last one year the average paper number decreased in a big ratio although I did not change anything on copier.

For example,
the average of one yellow toner is 24.500 pages but the last one is 16.500 pages
the average of one magenta toner is 26.500 pages but the last one is 10.500 pages
the average of one cyan toner is 21.700 pages but the last one is 8.500 pages

Does anyone have any idea for this decreases in copying numbers? What should I do to use toners more effectively?

Thanks for everyone to spend time for this thread.

mascan42
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Be sure when people are running mixed color and B&W copies, they're using Auto Color and not Full Color - Full Color will sometimes reproduce black as a mix of colors instead of pure black.

mo0651
05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
If you go to the utility button, select counter and print the counters out. I believe this model will tell you what the ratio is that you are using on your copies and prints. Very informative. Toner ratio is based on 5% coverage. Compare your usage. and watch your print jobs as previous post stated.:cool:

brent
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
also a quick thought. are you printing or copying the exact same thing as you were 4 years ago? toner usage is always interesting. on more robust prints and copys you use more toner. it is simple. on the black and white spectrum it is the same (in my mind) sometimes the bizhub 5510 will get 50 k out of a toner cartridge. sometime only 35k. it depens on how much toner. unless you have a hole in the bottom of your color unit hoppers and it is falling out on the floor.

brent

bserbet
05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for replies.

The ratios for all print + copy jobs are below.

Cyan - 4,7%
Magenta - 2,6%
Yellow - 3,2%
Black - 5,3%

I never used "full color" and "auto color", "black" is chosen as default on my copier.

Luther
05-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Also the yeilds you post are much higher then my information, color and black toner both yield 11,500@ 5% in my information, are you using OEM toner or aftermarket? Have the drums been replaced as sheduled or is you service provider re-chipping the drums? also you say in your post "nothing has been changed" does that include drums? there are a lot of variables to consider,just my 2 cents

bserbet
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I am using genuine Konica Minolta toners and also the drums are original, they are not resetted but they should be replaced with new ones in the near future. I resetted image transfer belt unit once because it was really expensive.

mo0651
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Are you averaging the total copies into your toner yield? Have you installed a or started using a new graphics type program? Some programs control if black is made only by black. It almost sounds like you are using the colors to make black. I think your color toner ratios would be a little lower [comparing with other copiers and printers] if you were using pure black to print. Remember to check everyones computer who is printing for their settings.:cool:

bserbet
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
I just wonder why this printing numbers with one toner decreases so much although my printing habits didn't changed. I controlled all the computers and there is nothing strange in printing settings.

Custom Search