PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Error C0501

Custom Search

vedder
05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi guys, just after opinion really, I have to go to a call with c0501 error code, pressure roller warm up failure I think, this customer is a LONG way from the office, do I go and reset the error code or do I take a spare and replace it? Has anyone had this problem and is it likely to come back if I don`t replace?

Thanks.

mo0651
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Being that these fusers are not service friendly, and the distance you stated, Take one with. Could be build up on thermistor but hard to clean. Could be customer using thick stock. Could be bad fuser. HMMMMMMMMMM. Take one with unless you enjoy the drive. My company would not pay mileage on second trip out there just because you weren't prepared.:cool:

harry2007
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Reset procedure is simple, tell customer to do it himself.
If the code appear immediately, you must replace fusing unit - thermistor is broken.

vedder
05-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the replies, just went out and re set it, did a load of test copies no problem, checked fuser temp in service mode, looked about right so hopefully was just a "blip"

While I was there though I saw the machine had ALOT of

P-30: Color PC Drum Sensor malfunction

removed all drums, had a quick clean, the office is very dusty, but error code came back up, machine still working fine so left as is, but if anyone has any suggestions on this, it would be appreciaed.

mrwho
05-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Reset procedure is simple, tell customer to do it himself.
If the code appear immediately, you must replace fusing unit - thermistor is broken.

I usually also take this approach, specially on customers far from the office - and those that seem prepared for learning new stuff, some would just say "YOU'RE the technician, YOU come here and solve this.". Usually those are also the kind that think that the technician should also put toner on the machine and paper on the drawers. :p

Custom Search