PDA

View Full Version : C500 / IP-921 Ignores Tray setting

Custom Search

pmailfl
05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm using the windows driver for the fiery controller (\\server\fiery) and have changed the default settings to pull from Tray 2, but the system always sends to Tray 3.

I have verified before clicking Print that the Paper Source is set to Tray 2.

If I don't put paper in tray 3, I can go over to the machine and select tray 2 when it gives an error, but this is not a feasible solution since I am doing a variable data job which the controller sends out as a separate job for each record ( I would have to select tray 2 3,000 times).

I can't use tray 3 for this particular job because the alignment is off.

If it matters, I'm using Print Shop Mail to send the job to the RIP Controller.

Any ideas?

Specilist KVN
05-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm using the windows driver for the fiery controller (\serverfiery) and have changed the default settings to pull from Tray 2, but the system always sends to Tray 3.

I have verified before clicking Print that the Paper Source is set to Tray 2.

If I don't put paper in tray 3, I can go over to the machine and select tray 2 when it gives an error, but this is not a feasible solution since I am doing a variable data job which the controller sends out as a separate job for each record ( I would have to select tray 2 3,000 times).

I can't use tray 3 for this particular job because the alignment is off.

If it matters, I'm using Print Shop Mail to send the job to the RIP Controller.

Any ideas?

Things I would check on the C500
- Is the auto tray switch on?
- If it is, is tray 2 listed on the allowable trays
- if it is, move it up the list over tray 3
- are the media settings the same on both trays?

If tray 3 has one setting and tray 2 has another and tray 3 is the default settings it may try to go there first.

Can you open the file in Command Workstation to see if your driver settings have folowed the file?
This will tell you if it is a driver issue.
If the setting did not follow, then check what driver version you are using.
By checking the file in CWS you are seeing the actual settings that the Fiery is applying and if they differ from the settings specified in the driver.

Other than that, not sure what else.

Custom Search