PDA

View Full Version : Need instruction on how to change developer for C500

Custom Search

keystonenew
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Hello & I'm new to this site. Also ignorant of digital copier repair (my background is in offset printing), I'm hoping to get someone to coach my graphics employee how to fix our black developer unit in our Konica Minolta C550 (AB Dick CXP 3000). The black print is really splotchy & we have the corona wires & probably need to clean out the developer tray? Can someone talk to my digital operator & talk him thru it? Much thanks, Buzz Reno, NV HIs name is Bill & shop phone is 775-323-7716, email is art.keystone@sbcglobal.net (My phone is 775-624-2440 & cell 775-232-7080). We'd be glad to pay someone to troubleshoot over the phone.

JustManuals
05-14-2009, 04:23 AM
This type of help is called a service call. Open the phone book and look for copier repair. I would bet that there are plenty of companies in your area willing to come out and get you setup. I'm sure you know the rest.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals.com

05-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Really dude, Pay a tech to come out a fix your machine.

05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello & I'm new to this site. Also ignorant of digital copier repair (my background is in offset printing), I'm hoping to get someone to coach my graphics employee how to fix our black developer unit in our Konica Minolta C550 (AB Dick CXP 3000). The black print is really splotchy & we have the corona wires & probably need to clean out the developer tray? Can someone talk to my digital operator & talk him thru it? Much thanks, Buzz Reno, NV HIs name is Bill & shop phone is 775-323-7716, email is art.keystone@sbcglobal.net (My phone is 775-624-2440 & cell 775-232-7080). We'd be glad to pay someone to troubleshoot over the phone.

Your thread title says C500 yet in your post you say C550. So which is it? A C550 uses an imaging unit. A C500 uses a developer.

brent
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
hey keystonenew. we don't mean to be snippy with you. but first off if someone were to walk you through this process over the phone. it would be hard to convey our thoughts. developer changes are not easy. especially on a color machine. and especially if you have NEVER done one before. this is a high quality machine and I fear that you may do more damage then good by trying this yourself. if you guy's spent the money to purchase such a machine. do yourself a favor and have a reputable company to come out and do this. plus there area adjustments to perform afterwords. and not to mention counters to reset to adjust for copy quality. you are looking at a mess if you tackle it yourself.

brent

mahou911
07-25-2009, 03:47 AM
I have many Konica Minolta C500 machines.

First are you sure your problems are comming from the DV's

If not tell me what kind of problem you have.

Write back to my email address

martin.houle.4@gmail.com

imranchanna
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Do you have charging rollers of transfer belt?

Isebella
03-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Go to the store where you buy it. they may assist you

mahou911
03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I do have tranfer belt rollers...

How many do you need?

pepper38_cnd
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey keystonenew

Paul is absolutely right ( notice he didn't try and sell you a manual ). This is a job ONLY for trained professionals. I have over 31 years in this business but I am not trained on that particular product, so when I assist our trained techs on a PM I shake my head at how the dev is changed, it is not a simple process! Stick to your printing press and let the experts handle your Bizhub. I too am not trying to give you a hard time, Take Pauls advice.

mrwho
03-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Well, you *might* get a tech to help your guy over the phone. But I'm willing to bet 10$ with anyone on this forum that it will NOT go well, and then you'll be pissed at both your guy and the guy that tried to help over the phone for the fact that you'll need to get some specialized help next time and pay twice the amount.

About Paul, yeah, he changed a lot lately. Much better, IMHO. And he spoke the truth.

henry finley
04-08-2011, 06:27 AM
This is an old thread, but for the new readers who pulled this up like I did today--don't let these people discourage you with the "call the technician" bit. Phooey. I decided to ignore it and just jumped right in today and did it. Bought me a $200 ebay developer set and tore the machine open and did the job. Worked perfect the first print. Child's play. Just open up the machine, take it apart and don't let anything get scratched, damaged, lost, or dirty; then dump out all the old stuff, keep brushing off the magnetic roller, alternating with a strong shop vac, pour the new stuff in, put it back together, and reinstall it in the machine, close it all up, and hit the switch. Bingo--works perfect the first print. Recalibrate your Fiery, Done.

mrwho
04-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Bingo--works perfect the first print. Recalibrate your Fiery, Done.

Assuming you don't have any previous technical experience, I'm glad it went well. Of course that is perfectly possible.

The only reason why people gave those advises wasn't because they wanted to make money - no one did say "Hey, here's my number - call me and I'll do it for you!" - it was because IF something went wrong (like, for example, a scratched drum) the expense would be much bigger than simply calling a tech to do it would be.

Custom Search