PDA

View Full Version : Light stripes in black color on Konica 8020 (CF2002)

Custom Search

mrwho
05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi there.

I have a machine (Konica 8020, similar to the Minolta CF2002) wich is doing lighter stripes on the feed direction only in black - color comes out ok.

The customer tells me it all began all of a sudden - between two print jobs.

The imaging unit is almost new - it has still 90% of life to use - and, IMHO, the stripes are far too perfect to be caused by a mecanical problem.

My gut feeling tells me I have a led ass'y problem, but before I order one - they're expensive - I'd like to ask you if you ever had something like this and if it could be caused by something else.

Thanks in advance.

Blenk
05-14-2009, 07:22 PM
I agree, it looks like the black LED. all the LEDs are the same in this model, well they are in the CF2002, it might be worth swapping it over to prove it........ you have probably allready thought of this... given the cost of the LED I think its worth doing before you order one.

mrwho
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I agree, it looks like the black LED. all the LEDs are the same in this model, well they are in the CF2002, it might be worth swapping it over to prove it........ you have probably allready thought of this... given the cost of the LED I think its worth doing before you order one.

Yes, will do that tomorrow, at least, if the malfunction proves to be the led ass'y, the customer will be able to use the machine in black prints while the new part doesn't arrive.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bizhub
05-14-2009, 10:06 PM
It does look like your black lph is toast swap it with another colour to confirm.
Good luck

Albonline
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
before you go to the trouble of swaping led assys, try cleaning the black with a mix of alc and windex 50/50. besure to dry it compleatly before you power it back on.

mrwho
05-15-2009, 05:35 PM
It's confirmed.

Swapped the yellow and the black leds and the problem migrated to the yellow color. Cleaning it didn't made any difference.

I'm going to order the LPH. Thanks for the feedback!

Custom Search