PDA

View Full Version : 7222 nightmare E56-1 E56-2 ?

Custom Search

fishleg
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi,
We recently started a rebuild in the workshop working machine was a bit pitted inside but it was working. Obviously usual parts replaced dev drum corona's etc full service boards where not touched but when finished after around 50-60 copies the machine comes up with E56-1. It was a customers machine so we know it was working with no previous history noted.

E56-1 is described as some sort of communication error between the control and driver board so what we have done so far....

Machine firmware was v10 both image and system controller. so..

1. Flashed original boards with v11 image and controller same problem
2. replaced both boards and flashed v11 firmware same problem
3. Tried without df connected same issue
4. changed nvram factory reset

We where getting a couple of E89-1 and E89-2 codes randomly after flashing boards but the main issue seems to be this E56-1 code. Everyone in the workshop is completely bamboozled since it happens after 50-60 copies its a hard one to put a finger on.

It is strange though if you try to run the dev the code almost immediately appears. Can this code be caused by the units some how ?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what try next ?

Cheers,
Mike

copytechman
05-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Intermittent arcing @ the trans/sep unit, charger or perhaps in the hv turnaround unit mounted on the right door could (and does) cause some weird behaviors from those machines (just a shot in the dark). Especially the door turnaround, it's prone to carbon buildup and the insulators wear out too.

Regards!
A.

mrwho
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
There's also some info somewhere that one of the boards was changed in order to prevent the ocasional E56-1. When you changed the boards, did you use new ones or old/used ones?

Since you said the copier was ok before and only started acting strange after a clean-up, my guess is some cabling either badly connected (recheck every connector, uplug and plug back again every single one) or pinched somewhere.

Good luck there - seems like a tough one you got there.

fishleg
05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah I noticed aswell these boards have been revised so it says but no these where used good boards from another working machine just to try and fault find.

Bah wish there was a way to narrow it down just seems weird you would think it would arc much sooner but yeah your right I think that's our next attempt the door socket and units. Anything else that you could think of that can cause anything like this ?

Thanks again.

Albonline
05-14-2009, 11:16 PM
look at the ts cro unit, is the tiny spring missing from the xfer guide assy?

konisolver
05-15-2009, 02:40 AM
I just had my 7235 with a E56-01 code. Take out your main control board and check your ICP's, Also when you put your new control board install one connector at a time. You might have a short that is taking out your control board. I went 2 weeks with the problem of my fuser taking out my control board 5 times before realizing that something was taking down my control board (2 SCB , 1 nvram, 5 PRDB)

konisolver
05-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Here is the list of ICP's.

fishleg
05-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks alot everyone. Didnt have much time on it today so only gave the door socket and ts corona a swap over but it still seems to come up with the same 56-1. That ICP list is extremely useful didnt get to check them today but thats our next stop. From there gonna change the high voltage board.

Ill let you know what happens. Thanks again.

fishleg
05-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Dodgy drum unit or high voltage unit that leads to the door socket was the culprit.... No idea why it decided to go tits up was just one of those nightmares.

Thanks again,
Mike

Custom Search