PDA

View Full Version : C253 Image unit reset

Custom Search

random
05-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Is it possible to reset this unit once it has reached end of life? Without swapping chips.

random
05-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Anyone? Just that I noticed the chip on these units has about 18pins where the other units only have about 6.

pepper38_cnd
05-15-2009, 11:23 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the only reset method is with a replacement chip.

ck1
05-16-2009, 05:06 AM
now can buy the chip ???

Jumping Jack Flash
07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.eupload.pl/pfiles/5870/resetbox%20eng%20pdf%5B1%5D.pdf

pepper38_cnd
07-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Well I am intrigued ! Jumping Jack are you the creator of this box? Do you own one? Have you seen it work?

"The unlock code is sent via e-mail" does this mean that after purchasing this, the owner still has to pay for every reset?

The idea of plugging something into the toner slot and then being able to reprogram any Image Unit is interesting but to me sounds very strange.

I am really interested in hearing feed back from others.

Bizhub
07-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Well I am intrigued ! Jumping Jack are you the creator of this box? Do you own one? Have you seen it work?

"The unlock code is sent via e-mail" does this mean that after purchasing this, the owner still has to pay for every reset?

The idea of plugging something into the toner slot and then being able to reprogram any Image Unit is interesting but to me sounds very strange.

I am really interested in hearing feed back from others.

And so am I !! The crypto chip on the C253/353 has a combination (secret) on the chip that prevents any data accurately being read.
Why is the toner socket being used for the reset as the socket has not got any relation to the imaging units except they both arrive back at the MFP board. If you are interigating the main board to reset the counters, I would personally be very nervous about doing it as the main board will ultimately cost more than a resetter. Does the resetter reset the TCR Article counter ? or does it only reset the counter for the I/U and please tell me how the connections for the toner supply system interact with the encrypted imaging unit chips.

I am very suspicious about this one, REMEMBER EVERYONE TO RESET A CHIP you need to interface directly with the chip in question.

Then you have to buy the device and buy the codes ! What happens when you run out of codes ( no machine will accept the same encryption code twice !)

If you buy a resetter you should pay once and that's it.

Jumping Jack Flash
08-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Welcome Everybody,
I have noticed your surprise and interest over my project. On the other hand, I feel sorry due to some unkind comments on a forum, which make an existence and usage of Resetter doubtful.
I understand that biggest problem is to reset any IU in a place where a lack of toner Y, C, M exists. I assure you it is doable.
I am not going to confirm and deny that something is possible or not, but I fairly request you to think over your opinions, which a content is not professional, but limited to knowledge of 1-wire, microwire or RS232 and free programs like PonyProg.
My goal was to create a cheap and simple device made of available elements. Reset Box consists of specyfically programmed micro-controller. Making that device lasts about 2 hours.
To create Rest Box, the knowledge of Digital Circuit, a programming of micro- controllers and plenty of time spent on the project are necessary. A device was made at the beginning of 2009 and tested by my colleagues. An additional error recovery menu for TCR was attached in June, 2009. A usage of Reset Box demands an introduction of a correct 8 sign code.
A code introduction is to be used once only and generated in a separate program for a particular device with no limit of use. I will not explain a code usage now. I have not offered a device sell, but I can kindly avail a device to test for those who are interested.

strider5555
08-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I would definitely like to know more about this device! How many times have you sucessfully used this device to reset the image units? Will you be making it available for sale to the public at some point? How are you generating the code to input? Your video was quite impressive. I would like to know when more people have tried it, and the results.

emujo
08-14-2009, 01:56 AM
OK devils advocate here...Other than the occasional problamatic I/U that needs early replacement, why all the interest in resetting these units? They have reached their life spans. You're gonna reset the chip, throw the unit back into the MFP and have CQ problems that wont go away until you ...wait for it... here it comes.... PUT IN A NEW I/U!!!. I wouldn't invest a dime in this and here's why.. Right now I have happy customers. PM's are short and sweet. I carry a few spare fuses for fuser and transfer assys in case I use one of these units for trouble shooting. And guess what...the new C652/552s have K I/U with replaceable drums. Writing is on the wall..manufactures know the replacable units are expensive, future models will have servicable I/U and we can go back to the old days of re-stringing coronas, replacing blades and taking up an hour of our time doing drum maintenance. You're a day late and a doller short for this tool. EMujo

RichMac
08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
emujo, are you making any money replacing i/u's? Cost for each unit is over $400 for some units. $1200 per PM is going to eat into your profit.
We have used the ChipLife and other brand resetters with VERY GOOD RESULTS.
Does your company owner know what the cost of servicing and potential savings is.. WAIT FOR IT.. here it comes.. I BET NOT!

emujo
08-26-2009, 01:51 AM
I work for the manufacturer, and the cost of these replacement units are well known. This cost is factored into the price of the MFP and the click charges. If you're underpricing either to get the deal, then I can understand why you result to this practice to save money. Are you cracking open the I/Us to replace parts, or just putting the unit back in the MFP in the reset condition? Where do you even find parts for the I/Us? You can already extend the life through service mode and by the time quality drifts off you should have made a fair profit. I stand by my comments..you owe it to your customers to keep the MFP in the best possible condition by servicing it correctly. If not, there is a good chance they will be one of my customers next time around.

Mr Spock
08-26-2009, 04:31 AM
And guess what...the new C652/552s have K I/U with replaceable drums. Writing is on the wall..manufactures know the replacable units are expensive, future models will have servicable I/U and we can go back to the old days of re-stringing coronas, replacing blades and taking up an hour of our time doing drum maintenance. You're a day late and a doller short for this tool. EMujo

Please say it ain't so. I was hoping that I would be getting away from rebuilding IU units. Especially on the Toshiba 2500c series....

copytechman
08-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Oh my oh my! I'd thought I'd left those memories behind me forever!!! Yaarrgh! Not the 2500C much less the 3100C series!!! Ack!!! NooOo! :eek:

Regards!
A!

azzikker
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
I work for the manufacturer, and the cost of these replacement units are well known. This cost is factored into the price of the MFP and the click charges. If you're underpricing either to get the deal, then I can understand why you result to this practice to save money. Are you cracking open the I/Us to replace parts, or just putting the unit back in the MFP in the reset condition? Where do you even find parts for the I/Us? You can already extend the life through service mode and by the time quality drifts off you should have made a fair profit. I stand by my comments..you owe it to your customers to keep the MFP in the best possible condition by servicing it correctly. If not, there is a good chance they will be one of my customers next time around.

Dude, I sure am glad you don't work for me. If we didn't refuse the units and reset chips there is no way you can make money on those machines at the manufacturers recommended CPC. We have no trouble getting 2 lives out of an image unit and for you to say they will fail when you have never done such a thing is a joke. My techs do their best to save money on contracts and with your attitude it sounds like you could care less. I would not employ a tech with that attitude. Guess what. Our customers love our techs as well and they save us as much money as possible.

emujo
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm just a tech...not a manager so maybe I don't see things the way you do when it comes to the bottom line (money), but I don't think my "attitude" as you put it is in question here. We might have a difference in philosophys between a field tech and his/her manager, but to say I have a bad attitude because I perform the required service on my machines is inane. I think it's the other way around...you'de be lucky to have a tech with my background, but once you started putting the screws to me on how and when I could replace needed parts, I would have to hand you my resignation letter. Emujo

azzikker
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Do things "by the book", just like the manufacturer says. You probably are a good tech, working for the manufacturer. However as a dealer, we pay higher prices for the supplies and parts and the only way to stay afloat is to cut costs. I wouldn't ask my guys to stretch anything that is going to result in a call back in the near future, but resetting image units saves us tons of money and you were the one who quoted it would fail and you would have to go back to fix it due to CQ reasons. This is just not true and if you have never done it, why would you state this--because you play by the book. Good luck to you and if you ever work independently or for a dealer, there are some good options out there to save money and they work just fine. Not sure what we would do if these options were not there, because we can't play by the book, due to the greediness and markup of the manufacturer.

pepper38_cnd
08-31-2009, 10:24 PM
I could not have said it better Azzikker!

I learned my lesson not to speak up for resetting, someone always points out that I have a vested interest in rechipping. Yes I do, but if it didn't work no-one would have any interests in my products.

emujo
09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
OK agree to disagree, come down here and I'll buy the 1st round and we can talk about no matter how hard we try, sometimes we have to deal with POS machines and POS customers. EMujo

azzikker
09-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I agree to that and I would have a beer with you. Cheers

E Winter
01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi there,

are there any news regarding a solution for resetting the new IU chips?

Copiersolutions
01-21-2010, 03:32 AM
email copiersolutions@shaw.ca we have universal iu chips for C203/253/353 25.00 US or cheaper if you order volume. Call 1 866 274 1998

copyman
10-15-2011, 01:34 PM
I service many of the K/M BizHub color boxes. I have used the chips on the cf3102 & c250/252. I have better results with the CF models. The trick with the 250/252 is to chip them before the replace message comes on and/or clean the units, especially the corona units. Know several authorized K/M dealers that re-chip the IU's. They only do this on their contract customers to increase profits. Drums are available for these on the internet.

perhaps K/M should learn something from ricoh with the cost of units. With Ricoh color boxes you can get the dev units for $29 (blk) $90 (color) & drums (all) for $40.

Custom Search